Merry Christmas Folks!

National Parks Review

There is always a lot of events happening on the Norfolk Broads and here you can post or read any topics relating to Norfolk Broads news.
Dances With Otters
Site Admin

National Parks Review

Post by Dances With Otters » May 29th, 2018, 9:26 am

Today there is an article in the EDP about how a National Parks review is likely to give the Norfolk Broads an opportunity to evolve.
CLICK HERE!

Now, it is not my intention to insult anyone in particular nor am I having an iconoclastic jab at any organisations but some of these quotes from the bureaucrats are just......shall I say, RUBBISH! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Here we go:

the Broads is one of 10 English landscapes recognised for their exceptional beauty and conservation requirements.
The Norfolk Broads is not a landscape, it is tidal inland waterways featuring rivers and man made lakes (Broads) which were quite possibly dug on pubic land at some point in the past therefore questioning how so many of them are claimed as being private.

And Haydn Thirtle, vice-chairman of the Broads Authority, said the evaluation has the potential to help one of the jewels in Norfolk and Suffolk’s crown to evolve in an entirely positive direction.
The Norfolk Broads does not need to evolve and it does not need to develop in any shape or form, however, more riverside boating facilities would be in line with other inland boating areas within Europe.
Although, I suspect they be referring to more over-sized hire boats fleets, and also more riverside holiday chalets.

“Of course, we appreciate there is a lot of pressure on national parks and we don’t want the Broads to be spoiled
Why take the rubbish bins away then? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

“Conservation, farming, navigation - they are all paramount
Farming on the South Broads has turned the River Waveney into one of the most toxic rivers in England.

However another Broads Authority member, Lana Hempsall, has urged caution in his approach.
“Without a doubt, we need to strengthen the relationship we have with people who live on our national parks,” said Mrs Hempsall.
“That is an issue across the country and
we need the work of people who live on the parks to keep them going.....something tells me that is not a reference to liveaboards, as I know of not one single liveaboard who has been approached by any authority with regards to the protection, conservation and navigation of the Norfolk Broads.

“The important question is whether those overseeing the review are going to be pragmatic. If so, we might be able to find solutions.”
Well, we all saw how that worked out in Jenners Basin, Thorpe St.Andrew.

WEll, read the article and make up your own minds.

However, I would add that to:

Conserve the Norfolk Broads, return the rubbish bins immediately, reduce the size of so many over-sized hire boats and over-sized hire boat fleets, in turn giving the historic smaller boat yards of the Broads a fighting chance in the hire boat game.

Disallow the use of any poisonous chemicals in any farming areas surrounding the waterways of the Broads. That is not rocket science it is common sense.

To maintain Navigation ability on the waterways, return the rubbish bins so all the rubbish is not going in the water and blocking up the navigational areas. In addition, dredge more of the rivers. Look at Dilham for example, that area has been dodgy to navigate
for years.

These issues relating to the tidal waterways of the Norfolk Broads and rivers which you have a right to navigate are not going to be solved by people sitting in offices. These bureaucrats who most likely have a small skippered boat trip out on waterways once or twice a year have no concept of how to conserve the Broads.
It is not an invalidation or unfair criticism.
It is an observation. :D
⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

avg45

Re: National Parks Review

Post by avg45 » September 29th, 2018, 6:42 pm

Are the Broads really a National Park. If they are why does that idiot P*******e, keep saying that it is not? What difference does it make if it is or isn't. I live in a National Park and it has made no difference since it was created . That man is a total and utter idiot who has no original thoughts of his own and has to keep quoting other peoples or rule and regulations. I really wish he would shut up and stop trying to be clever, which he is not!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

JohnS

Re: National Parks Review

Post by JohnS » October 3rd, 2018, 5:23 pm

The Norfolk broads are not a national park as things stand at the moment thankfully. They have been given the right to use the national park name as a branding and advertising tool. Many, myself included fear this is a back door route to getting full NP status. There are significant changes that the BA would have to sign up to in order to get the full NP status, including the fact that conservation would become the primary driver for future of th broads and not navigation. I’m sure we’ve had this discussion before and found we sit on different sides of the fence so re-visiting the discussion is a bit pontless. Just my opinion though 👍