• Administrator
  •  
    Boat Crash Video Clips Wanted

Wind Turbine Gets Go Ahead Finally

There is always a lot of events happening on the Norfolk Broads and here you can post or read any topics relating to Norfolk Broads news.
Miles
Site Admin

Wind Turbine Gets Go Ahead Finally

Post by Miles » December 12th, 2018, 5:32 pm

It amazes me just how long this has been dragging on and I am surprised the Broads Authority opposed it.
Considering windmills and pumps were a common sight in the past, why would a wind turbine which is so similar cause such arse ache with people.
There is a chap in the photo in this EDP ARTICLE who approached my boat some 3/4 years ago whilst in Beccles moaning about the proposed wind turbine. The only negative point he could muster up was that the landowner was doing it for money. I think you'll find most people spend their day making money, so he left me feeling that this chap was just an emasculated individual who hated progress.
I am glad it has got the go ahead and if they had any sense they would use the derelict windmills and pumps to convert into wind turbines, mobile phone masts and some might even serve as boating facilities with showers etc.
That topped off with harnessing the tidal power of the three rivers and the Norfolk Broads would be a serious contender for renewable energy. :D

⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

avg45

Re: Wind Turbine Gets Go Ahead Finally

Post by avg45 » December 13th, 2018, 7:18 pm

Well said Miles. I totally agree with your post :D :D :D :D :D