• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

The Running Engines.

An extension of the YouTube channel for contact, photos & updates etc.
Rick H

Re: The Running Engines.

Post by Rick H » November 14th, 2017, 8:58 pm

That could well be the case a boat that has stayed for a seriously long time that cause the problem , however if they do t actually own it they can do nothing nor can BA either .
If posted a thread on NBN to see if the oldie's know .
I can easily see how a problem would arise as there is a jetty there but its quite hidden and I'm not sure if you can reach land from it but if you can then its likely someone staying along time that's caused a problem but if Trafford estates or who ever don't actually own it they are breaking the law by creating their own laws .

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » November 14th, 2017, 9:12 pm

It's a good place to park off but I have met people who have been rammed hard in there during the silly season.
⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

Rick H

Post by Rick H » November 14th, 2017, 9:25 pm

The wroxham end of it has some nice little areas where it should be safe , most don't realise it cuts a big corner off which is useful coming back to wroxham to beat someone taking the long way round to a mooring in the basin 😜😜😜 not that I'd ever do that 😂😂😂😂

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » November 14th, 2017, 9:27 pm

You can do that with Surlingham too......so I have been told ;) ;)

Rick H

Post by Rick H » November 14th, 2017, 9:39 pm

Oh yes that works a treat I always go over surlingham broad on less I'm off to Broom's 😜😜😜

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » November 14th, 2017, 11:15 pm

I think you just got busted by the oldies. :lol: If you mentioned Trafford you might have got a better response, I believe they have been landowners since 1300's......oops!

Rick H

Post by Rick H » November 14th, 2017, 11:41 pm

Yea yea yea what I ment was knowledgeable which does tend to mean those with greater knowledge besides I'm old too 😀 ones going to have to be more careful with my post me thinks 😂😂

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » November 19th, 2017, 7:22 pm

Just had this charming comment from a
Chris Flower.
photo.jpg
photo.jpg (5.06 KiB) Viewed 1159 times
These are hire boats and they have spent a lot of money to hire the boat and they are just doing what they have been told when they picked up the boat. The hire firms pay a lot for the Broads license. Do you want to stop hire boats? and lose all that revenue ? or would you like to pay God knows how much more for your license fee so you can have your scruffy boat and sad little life , spewing junk over the moorings and still using a sea toilet!! When that tatty Heep and you look like something you would not find on the bottom of your shoes, and you pay a huge increase in Fee them you can complain. Think yourself lucky they have not thrown you off the Broads.
Anybody know him?
I would like to meet this chap in person.
What a delicate flower he is, is he part of the cabal by any chance? Sounds a bit like Swansong.
Mind you, he sounds like he has got a valid point about the hire boats as evidently by having them it keeps our Broad's Tolls down. :roll:....I think you'll find that the hire boat tolls go up by them being here not ours going up by them not.

nimue

Post by nimue » November 20th, 2017, 9:59 am

There's no need for that, obviously got out of the wrong side of the bed when he wrote that.

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » November 20th, 2017, 10:01 am

It's disgusting!