• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

How To Clean A Boat Hull

Share or ask any marine related technical information about not just Norfolk Broads boats but all vessels in general and help others to fix their boats.
Dances With Otters
Site Admin

How To Clean A Boat Hull

Post by Dances With Otters » February 9th, 2018, 8:16 pm

I just stumbled across this video on YouTube of a way to give your boat hull a damn good cleaning.
I like the idea of it and although I would expect it has some limitations due to the leverage and accessibility, it could be rather handy.
It would probably be even handier if you had clear water but hey ho.

⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

David

Re: How To Clean A Boat Hull

Post by David » February 10th, 2018, 9:51 am

The Scrubbis works well I have had one for 3 years the whole boat can be done in about 10 mins no need to move the boat off the mooring due to the angle and adjustable length of the handle it can all be done from the deck and yes due to the positive bouyancy of the head it really holds itself to the hull, they are not cheap though mine cost me £80 3 years ago and is wearing well I use it a couple of times a month through the season, it folds down into short lengths (3 pieces ) and I keep it in the boat under the transom seat.
A boat makes a big hole in the water in to which you throw money

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » February 10th, 2018, 10:34 am

That's good to know. Won't abrasive barnacles wreck it though?
⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

David

Post by David » February 10th, 2018, 8:51 pm

No the scrubbis has a reversible head, foam ribbed on one side for removing algie and a plastic blade on the other side of the head for removing crustations, and you can get replacement blades & heads if needed, the plastic blade does not apare to damage the hull or antifoul, I have used the plastic side to remove some stubborn water staining around the water line and it worked well
A boat makes a big hole in the water in to which you throw money