• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

Recent Norfolk Broads Flooding

There is always a lot of events happening on the Norfolk Broads and here you can post or read any topics relating to Norfolk Broads news.
Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Recent Norfolk Broads Flooding

Post by Dances With Otters » November 25th, 2017, 11:06 am

I have witnessed the flooding myself and it has been widespread.
There have been some great photos from Beccles to Reedham to the North Broads.
Looks like Horning got hit pretty bad but I do wonder what people expect to happen as the water level is normally so near the top in so many places.
A simple cruise through Wroxham or Horning and so many properties are literally on the brim.
A mildly significant tidal surge or recent strong winds which we have all seen recently can and would flood most areas.

⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

Rick H

Re: Recent Norfolk Broads Flooding

Post by Rick H » November 25th, 2017, 8:44 pm

Regarding wroxham basin BA are closing it jan- march to raise the quay heading and reprofile the pathway which means the electric posts will be unobtainable for 3 month's or so I'm lead to believe 😟.

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Re: Recent Norfolk Broads Flooding

Post by Dances With Otters » November 25th, 2017, 9:10 pm

Yes the ranger mentioned it some time back. I think Coltishall has had some work too.
That Bridge Broad is leased by the BA of the Trafford's estate so I am led to believe and it does have 24 hour preference I believe is the right terminology.
The land next to Hoveton St.John is owned by Roy's but leased to the BA for the annual sum of £1.
See for yourself.
HRP.pdf
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 39 times
⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵