• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

Why Permit Fishing From BA Moorings?

This moorings section is for any posts relating to the mooring of boats on the Norfolk Broads and this includes the north and south Norfolk Broads.
Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Why Permit Fishing From BA Moorings?

Post by Dances With Otters » June 18th, 2018, 1:49 pm

I put a question to the readers and it is simply to do with fishing.
Should it be allowed on the BA Moorings? :roll:
By the Broads Authority's own admission there are not enough moorings for the bounty of boats during the high season, so why actively promote it from the moorings when it's true to say that it promotes conflict between boaters and fisherman. In this case both are the same people.
It is because of issues like this that I would prefer to see Mr.Packman of the B.A. actively visiting the moorings and Broads and speaking to boaters as opposed to remaining incognito to most people unless it is an opportunity to pose like a pseudo celebrity.
I appreciate many fisherman visit this forum andI would not want any to perceive my comments as being anti fisherman but most people like myself look forward to having a chilled out time on the boat without having to have a run in with occasional fisherman and remind them that they are obligated to make way for boats wishing to moor.

⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

BEN

Re: Why Permit Fishing From BA Moorings?

Post by BEN » June 18th, 2018, 2:10 pm

Because they believe, just putting up a sign saying Fishermen must give way to boats mooring will do the job..

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » June 18th, 2018, 2:14 pm

Well, as I am sure you will agree it doesn't work lol.
A bit like the engine running signs, perhaps they are there to make the notice board look needed
:roll: :roll: :roll:

JohnK

Post by JohnK » June 18th, 2018, 9:31 pm

Maybe the sign should say something like ....
“Fishermen must give way to boats. If you do that we will continue to let you fish here free of charge. Otherwise fishing will be stopped. Take your pick”
😉

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » June 19th, 2018, 6:12 am

Coming into Sutton yesterday there were approximately two dozen rods out right across the navigation area and not one fisherman could see boats coming or going.