• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

Barton Turf Moorings, River Ant.

This moorings section is for any posts relating to the mooring of boats on the Norfolk Broads and this includes the north and south Norfolk Broads.
Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Barton Turf Moorings, River Ant.

Post by Dances With Otters » January 18th, 2018, 1:03 pm

⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

Scardinus

Re: Barton Turf Moorings, River Ant.

Post by Scardinus » January 19th, 2018, 8:40 pm

There is a sign saying no launching of canoes There, is this actually enforceable or just a local sign from one of those annoying people?

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » January 20th, 2018, 9:44 am

I'll look into it, I will be down that way soonish. There is something similar at Irstead on the parish side. There is actually five people on the committee for that tiny side of mooring, the other side is BA.
Sometimes this chap appears out of nowhere making the most ridiculous claims and asking these weird questions. Can't people be psychometric tested before joining the local parish mooring committee. The world has gone bonkers.

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » January 20th, 2018, 12:33 pm

This is Coltishall.
I wonder why launching a canoe is any issue to anyone?
A big fat rib or similar perhaps but a canoe, or even a kayak? I can't see why to be honest.
2018-01-20_12-30-31.jpg

shipshape

Post by shipshape » January 20th, 2018, 7:02 pm

High Seas wrote:
January 20th, 2018, 9:44 am
I'll look into it, I will be down that way soonish. There is something similar at Irstead on the parish side. There is actually five people on the committee for that tiny side of mooring, the other side is BA.
Sometimes this chap appears out of nowhere making the most ridiculous claims and asking these weird questions. Can't people be psychometric tested before joining the local parish mooring committee. The world has gone bonkers.
Ah, Mr Irstead - nice to know he's alive and kicking!

Spindrift

Post by Spindrift » January 22nd, 2018, 2:09 pm

"Ah, Mr Irstead - nice to know he's alive and kicking!"

You never know, one day he may really upset somebody with a short fuse who has had a bad day. :twisted:

Spindrift

Post by Spindrift » January 22nd, 2018, 2:22 pm

I don't believe "Mr Irstead" has any authority anyway. Any legal proceedings by the parish would cost a fortune anyway so would not be sanctioned unless somebody took up semi permanent residency on the staithe.

"Mr Irstead" obviously does not have a life. If he had any sense he would have not bought the adjacent property. All his complaining and antics is obviously not doing much for his blood pressure and he may be costing our NHS a lot of money in the future.

Also, by making such a fuss about nothing he has left a footprint on the internet regarding the staithe and his property. Personally I would not have purchased that property anyway but any prospective purchasers would probably search the internet and find the supposed aggravation and probably go elsware.

OWN GOAL MR IRSTEAD.

Alan.

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » January 22nd, 2018, 2:50 pm

I remember coming through Ludham Bridge ages ago and had no where to get my mast back up, so I went to Irstead.
While I was tying up my mooring ropes he appeared behind me. I was so shocked, I said to him, where the hell did you come from?
It was like he just teleported from his whinge cabin.
He then went on a waffle about me obstructing the mooring with my mast down and how he was a member of five people on a committee to run the postage stamp piece of land he was standing in front of.
I realised I was not going to get anywhere with this chap, so I told him that I was having problems with my mast and he then stated that this was an exceptional circumstance, or some other cobblers. What I did not add was that the problems I was having with my mast was that I was talking to this plonker. I did not know whether to shake the blokes hand, or give him a gold star and paper hat. :roll:
I do remember thinking that this must be that Paladine bloke of the other forum but he was even making him look benign. So, feeling about as welcome as an illegal immigrant in Trump Tower, I decided to make a hasty retreat.
I have moored up there once since....recently, just waiting for him to come out.
Go ahead Punk, make my day! :evil: :roll: :twisted:
It is amazing just how many people have had the misfortune of running into this bloke, in fact maybe that is the solution....everyone should in fact run into him. :D

Spindrift

Post by Spindrift » January 22nd, 2018, 3:33 pm

"It is amazing just how many people have had the misfortune of running into this bloke, in fact maybe that is the solution....everyone should in fact run into him. :D"

Perhaps then he would just give up and end up as a gibbering wreck in the kitchen of his now devalued hovel popping Valium. :lol:

I may moor up there later this year and see what happens. I would take great pleasure in telling him to *u*k off and mind his own business if I am moored within the prescribed time limits.

Alan.

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » January 22nd, 2018, 3:39 pm

I doubt it will be the first time he has heard such sentence enhancers.
Probably get a 12 berth hire boat mooring up there one night with a crowd of merry Geordies only too happy to make his acquaintance lol.
I saw it once at Stalham Staithe and they were all women.