Merry Christmas Folks!

For new members to say hi to the Norfolk Broads Forum if they so wish.
bluebell

Post by bluebell » November 20th, 2017, 8:16 pm

Just registered and thought I 'd say hello to everyone.

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Re: new member

Post by Dances With Otters » November 20th, 2017, 8:17 pm

Good evening and welcome to the troll-free zone. :lol:
⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

avg45

Post by avg45 » November 22nd, 2017, 3:42 pm

Welcome to the Forum, nice to hear from you. Happy boating :D :D :D :D :D :D

Greatraymondo

Post by Greatraymondo » November 22nd, 2017, 5:23 pm

Glad I found this forum via You Tube.
Enjoyed watching a certain persons blogs. Clue to him, not to keen on hire boats. Really enjoyed watching the journey. My wife and I are there next June. I've not been there since I was a nipper and my wife has never been.

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » November 22nd, 2017, 6:01 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.
My dislike with the hire boats is not the boat hirers themselves if I have to be totally honest. It's more to do with a few select hire boat companies. I feel that when a boat hire company has so many boats, literally hundreds then the boat company does not have the time, man power or will to give their customers enough tuition. This in turn affects everyone on the Broads and is simply a case of profit before safety.
If some small changes were implemented then a huge difference could be made.
Firstly, a lot of the boats are just too big to hand the keys over to anybody who walks in and a simple twenty minute video would help as people could be informed of what they should and shouldn't be doing.
In the summer I was hit so many times and in every case the people failed to stop.
If you were to leave your boat unattended and a hire boat wrecked it, they would almost certainly flee the scene and it's the hire boat companies I blame for that and not so much the hirers as most are decent people just coming for a good time.
The stag boats should most certainly be stopped, it's the Norfolk Broads and not Romford High Street on a Saturday night.
Every time I have been hit it is always the big boat hiring companies and never the small and well maintained fleets.
There is a company called Summer craft and also a former company called Royals. I have never been hit by their boats, their boats are immaculately kept and you'll never see their boats being driven by yobs or drunks
They run the company like all the others should be.

Greatraymondo

Post by Greatraymondo » November 22nd, 2017, 7:27 pm

I didn't really think you was against the Hire boats Mate . Can see in your videos you have a lot of time for those on the broads . I can imagine how I would feel if I left my car parked to come back to find it had been hit several times with no one to admit they did it .
The last time I went on the broads I was 11 , I am now 51 . Looking forward to returning next year . My wife has never been on there . How are the plans to travel on the open Sea ? I'm glad I found the forum as finished all the Video now ... Are you on the broads at present for xmas ? .

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » November 22nd, 2017, 7:41 pm

Oh yes, I am still here. It's the best time as far as I am concerned and there are a few more people about, not a lot but a few.
It is a very peaceful time and you can nonchalantly flow down the rivers really getting in to the environment. Absolutely love it.