• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

What Is The Best Mobile Internet Provider On The Norfolk Broads?

General Norfolk Broads related posts.
Dances With Otters
Site Admin

What Is The Best Mobile Internet Provider On The Norfolk Broads?

Post by Dances With Otters » August 30th, 2018, 7:26 pm

I am posting a series of questions that I have beeen asked since starting this forum and as I didn't know, I wanted to put them out there for others to answer hopefully

⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

JohnS

Re: What Is The Best Mobile Internet Provider On The Norfolk Broads?

Post by JohnS » August 30th, 2018, 9:59 pm

Virgin mobile is very good from Acle all the way to st bennetts on the bure and all the way to potter Heigham on the Thurne. It's good for the majority on the ant too. The further reaches of the bure it's hit and miss, particularly bad near Ranworth, horning and Salhouse. Coverage on the southern rivers is pretty good most places. Virgin use EE masts, but they have been introducing there own masts over the last few years. 👍

Hylander

Post by Hylander » August 31st, 2018, 8:06 am

We use 3 and have no problems with it at all. Obviously the normal black spot of Horning (one day it will come into the 21st century) and also coming from Stalham between the turn off to Sutton and where the river joins again we find no signal there. I have often wondered what would happen if you conked out there.

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » September 3rd, 2018, 8:25 am

I use 3, and have tested Vodafone and EE, and I must say I am not impressed with either.
However, one you don't hear about a lot is Tesco which my mother uses and she can even make calls at Gays Staithe.
Have you noticed that you always have the option to make a 999 call though?
How does that work?
Apparently, you piggy back off other networks and that only works if there is any signal at all anywhere.
When you think about it?
That makes a lot of folks on the Norfolk Broads in a position of danger and maybe more focus should be placed on improving signals for health and safety reasons alone.
VHF?
How many have theirs on?
Not a lot I would assume.

JohnS

Post by JohnS » September 4th, 2018, 10:44 pm

I'd love to see new mast put up for better signal! Better hope the broads doesn't become a national park though, or we'll never see any new masts :(

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » September 5th, 2018, 8:36 am

Strange thing is that Norfolk has literally hundreds of churches and hell knows how many mills and pumps.
Therefore, technically speaking it could actually have the best service in the country, yet, it falls flat on its face like a drunk with his shoe laces tied :roll: :twisted: :roll: