Merry Christmas Folks!

Industrial Waste?.....My Arse!

General Norfolk Broads related posts.
Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Industrial Waste?.....My Arse!

Post by Dances With Otters » April 10th, 2018, 8:01 am

This is why the boat bins have gone, it's not because of industrial waste but because of local flytippers.

Do you job councils and stop B.S'ing the good boating people of the Norfolk Broads! :evil: :roll: :twisted:
Attachments
2018-04-10_07-58-10.jpg
⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

Hylander

Re: Industrial Waste?.....My Arse!

Post by Hylander » April 11th, 2018, 8:30 am

I totally agree with you. The Councils have shot themselves in the foot over this one. So short sighted. Shutting local recycling depots has not saved them any money, in fact it is costing them more to clear up after plebs like the person who has dumped this lot. Have to have CCTV at every rubbish disposal facility - more expense, Clearing rubbish dumped all over the country side - more expense. They have not a clue about management.

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Re: Industrial Waste?.....My Arse!

Post by Dances With Otters » April 11th, 2018, 2:47 pm

You know there are two really silly aspects to this.
One, nothing is getting done, nothing is being done about it and the Broads is going downhill faster than a runaway train.
Secondly, if boaters were asked to photograph people using the bins out of accordance with their designated purpose, then the problem could be addressed.
I for one can honestly say that at certain locations that still have bins, I not regularly but constantly witness cars and vans turning up and dumping bags, furniture and mattresses. A simple email with the photos attached and all the council have to do is write to them and warn them.
I have seen commercial vehicles turn up at Hoveton and dump multiple bags and boxes literally feet away from the Broads T.I.C.
The whole apathy to this situation is crazy.
Once the Norfolk Broads is littered then it would be near on impossible to fix it.
⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵