• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

Fantastic phone app.

General Norfolk Broads related posts.
JohnS

Fantastic phone app.

Post by JohnS » April 1st, 2018, 9:08 pm

Just wanted to share this with you, I’ve been really disappointed with boat related apps. Until recently! I’ve found an app for iPhone Calle ‘willy weather’. It’s fantastic it has the usual weather forecast stuff, as well as dedicated pages for wind, moon and tides amungst others. So far the tide forecasts have been spot on for everywhere I have moored, and it tells you have far through the tide cycle you are at any particular time.
It’s proved invaluable this weekend on the southern broads whiles we’re having spring tides, and it saves having to add on time to the Gorleston times as it’s specific to current position. You can also personalise it to show the pages your interested in a certain order.
Anyway, worth a try, especially if your on tidal rivers. Also, if like myself you haven’t got the hang of looking at a river and being able to tell which way the tide is going you can very quickly look it up.
Not sure if it’s on Android or if it is whether or not it’s any good.
Attachments
212B8AC8-0AED-4D35-84A2-95625E736F99.png

JohnS

Re: Fantastic phone app.

Post by JohnS » April 1st, 2018, 9:16 pm

I should also add, you can move the time bar through the cycle and see the relative tide heights at a chosen time in the future