• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

Freezing Weather Warning

General Norfolk Broads related posts.
Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Freezing Weather Warning

Post by Dances With Otters » February 22nd, 2018, 12:09 pm

Looks like we got some real nasty cold spells coming anytime soon, so I am pretty sure we will see it hard frozen around Sutton/Stalham areas.
I am going to sit it out personally so if anyone wants me to check on their vessels in the Sutton/Stalham areas? Let me know and I'll do my best to visit the boat, snap some photos to give you some piece of mind. I do remember one sinking last year when it froze in Stalham so you still have chance to get some antifreeze in if you have not but be quick as the cold spell is in the air now already.
⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

JohnS

Re: Freezing Weather Warning

Post by JohnS » February 22nd, 2018, 1:12 pm

I’m back on the boat from Friday, I was going to head to Sutton, so might see you there! Although my ever spa her drains my battery if on for more than 12 hours at a time, so might send you a message before I head off from Acle to check there’s a free electric point Miles if that’s okay?

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » February 22nd, 2018, 2:02 pm

Please do. There is only a couple.of boats here at the moment.
I am waiting for some diesel as he seems to be out at the moment.
It's rather muddy and there is still the flotilla de ville at the end but all looks good otherwise.

JohnS

Post by JohnS » February 22nd, 2018, 3:00 pm

Great, I’ll do that then. I’ll probably head over in Saturday. So might see you there if you’re still there, or return back on Saturday 👍
If you read this before you see Rob, can you ask him if he is about on Saturday this week for me? I need pump and and diesel and both are a nightmare to get on. A Saturday this time if the year. :roll:

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » February 22nd, 2018, 8:53 pm

He's moved his diesel tank over to the other side now. If you come in bow first, it's now on the port where the water is.

peterboat

Post by peterboat » February 26th, 2018, 8:31 am

Well the weather has arrived here! flurry of snow frozen ground so suspect the forecasters might have got it right!

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » February 26th, 2018, 12:37 pm

Not quite the beast from the east yet but it looks like the worst has yet to come. I am pretty confident the Ant is going to freeze within the next few days. Seems to take a few days of a cold spell to get the whole temperature down as it is quite gassy and then it just freezes almost like it's petrified.

JohnS

Post by JohnS » February 26th, 2018, 3:05 pm

I’m back home now (Little Clacton, Essex).had a light dusting this morning, and I’ve been working in Rettondon today, same there, Harvey snow 7-9am then just light flurries through the day. Think you’re right, the worst is still to come, although I’d not be surprised if it’s nit as bad as they’ve been predicting 👍

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » February 26th, 2018, 3:08 pm

Sells papers

JohnS

Post by JohnS » February 27th, 2018, 7:55 am

What’s it like on the Broads then Miles? We had about 2.5-3 inches last night in Little Clacton. I’m bunking off today 😎