• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

Broads National Park?

General Norfolk Broads related posts.
Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Re: Broads National Park?

Post by Dances With Otters » February 22nd, 2018, 12:32 pm

Dissension, I didn't know that word so I have learnt something knew.
⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

peterboat

Post by peterboat » February 22nd, 2018, 3:10 pm

I am firmly of the opinion that if something aint broke dont fix it, I want to in time move my boat there and I dont want the situation that we have on the Chesterfield canal, at times you cant cruise on it because the weed is to thick! and they wont cut the weed because its an SSI!! The fact that the canal was made to move goods doesnt cut any ice with these guys, so far better the status quo you have, BA in charge and boaters enjoying themselves in boats. [A boating club hired a weed cutting boat and removed the weed it nearly ended up in a pitched battle!] :twisted:

avg45

Post by avg45 » February 23rd, 2018, 10:34 am

After reading all the posts on this thread I am becoming a little sceptical myself over the Sanford principal but still feel that there is too much money, tourism and employment involved to ruin the way the Broads are run and to interfere with the hiring or owning of river craft for pleasure or dare I say it, profit. Happy boating.

Alan

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » February 24th, 2018, 8:56 am

I think navigation is going to be a big problem.
The Broads needs to be managed by boaters and for boaters. Not an overpaid unelected bureaucrat who would not know his port from his starboard.
You can see that in play at Beccles when someone in the past made a decision to paint the already undersized moorings with different coloured posts.
I've said the same thing about the mayor of London for years. It should be the job of a working class Londoner, like an ex black cabbie or similar. Somebody who knows London and knows what it needs.
The person running the Broads should have their offices actually on the Broads for a start. The should buy up one of those old little boatyards like at Hoveton or Loddon and run the place from the water not an office block in Norwich which hates boaters anyway.

avg45

Post by avg45 » February 24th, 2018, 10:33 am

You are making very valid points, and I totally agree that BA offices should be on the broads.

Alan

avg45

Post by avg45 » February 24th, 2018, 2:12 pm

Just had a quick look on the other site and a very good post from John Packman regarding the Sanford Principle, among others, and he stated quite catagoricaly that the Sanford Principle would not be applied to the Broads at all . You can probably guess who was trying to rubbish him, (P******e and his normal cronies) as usual .

Alan

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » February 24th, 2018, 2:43 pm

The fact of the matter is that Packman's job title is one that nobody would ever really want. The reason being in my opinion is because whether his job js done well or poorly is irrelevant, as the poor chap seems to get criticised more than MPs. I don't think anyone could ever do that job and be free from negative comments.
In many ways, it is online too and it holds a lot of similarities with the online prejudice you see against liveaboards.
Incidentally, it's all the same crew as well..........so would it be fair to say that they are all just a bunch of moaning old farts? I think that's an affirmative. :D

JohnS

Post by JohnS » February 24th, 2018, 3:37 pm

I think I saw the same post regarding mr Packmans saying he does not want to see the Sandford princable enforced. As I read it, he meant that h didn’t want it for the broads as it is only a np for marketing purposes. That fact remains, if the broads ever became a NP then he as would the BA as a whole, be bound by the Sandford princable, even if mr Packman was opposed to it.
I do agree how ever that he’llnever Please everyone, and that some people are choosing to attack him personally which is just wrong.

avg45

Post by avg45 » February 24th, 2018, 3:47 pm

Totally agree Miles they are a load of old farts with nothing better to do than sit around and run down or criticise someone who has an extremely difficult job to do and IMHO is not doing it too badly. I certainly would not do it. Incidently a couple of years ago when I put a post on the that Forum criticising those boatyards who I thought were ripping off the private owners by overnight putting up the cost of red diesel from 45-60p a litre straight up to 1.10-1.25 litre, I was shouted down and told I did't know what I was talking about even though at that time I could buy it for 75p litre. I was told, by him, that he had worked in the Petro/Chemical industry for many years and knew what he was talking about, but now it turns out he was a Copper. Sounds as though something is not right and he is just a bull******r.. On the brighter side looking forward to opening up the boat and moving her to her new mooring in about four weeks time.. I hope you finally got your mast up okay. take care.

Alan