• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

Abandoned Boat At Loddon/Chedgrave.

General Norfolk Broads related posts.
High Seas

Abandoned Boat At Loddon/Chedgrave.

Post by High Seas » June 29th, 2017, 2:24 pm

This boat has been moored up here longer than I can remember, it might even be over a year.
I do not understand it as if it was stolen then it would have been reported to the Police and subsequently retrurned to the owner or notified about its location.

It was too good initially for someone to have dumped it.
Every time I pass it now it gets worse and worse as more and more is removed from it.
Now, as you can see from the photos the mast has been vandalised to the point where it is now laying on the bankside. It was erected up until recently.
This saddens me because if this boat was genuinely abandoned then someone could have legally claimed it and then done something with it. Now it has been left for so long that it has been wrecked and you can bet your bottom dollar that some ****** will come along and set fire to it just like the other one that was around the corner....and of course the toll payer swill foot the bill ultimately.
There are plenty of people who could have given this a good home, instead it was left to rot......W.T.F?

High Seas

Re: Abandoned Boat At Loddon/Chedgrave.

Post by High Seas » July 3rd, 2017, 1:52 pm

This is what happens eventually and it is avoidable.

Captain Kestrel

Post by Captain Kestrel » August 13th, 2017, 7:57 pm

Came past this sorry looking vessel today. It seems to have moved to the other end of the staithe and has now lost all its windows. It's a shame it won't be removed by the Broads Authority as it appears to be a magnet to those with idle hands only a matter of time until it becomes a navigation hazard I feel.

Captain Kestrel

Post by Captain Kestrel » August 13th, 2017, 7:58 pm

Came past this sorry looking vessel today. It seems to have moved to the other end of the staithe and has now lost all its windows. It's a shame it won't be removed by the Broads Authority as it appears to be a magnet to those with idle hands only a matter of time until it becomes a navigation hazard I feel.

Rick H

Post by Rick H » August 13th, 2017, 10:17 pm

In that case its high time BA did remove it before it ends up sunk blocking the channel after being fired , there is a certain amount of time they have to give before they destroy it but it can be held at Thorpe safely in the mean time , imagines pacific cruisers not being able to get boats back or send boats out because of a sunken vessel ? Imagine the claim there BA , wake up n give the rangers something interesting to do like tow it to a safer location !!

Hylander

Post by Hylander » August 14th, 2017, 7:34 am

Looking at the poor sorry looking boat it would not take a great deal of towing. As said it must have belonged to someone in the past and it must have been registered at some time.

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » August 14th, 2017, 9:41 am

The boat was in lovely condition when it arrived and slowly began to worsen.
It's pretty obvious that some retard will set fire to it one night just like the previous one which left substantial damage.
I have been informed that this craft has been there for over a year. If vessels get moved on after 24 hours, why not this one? Abandoned boats or stolen boats which ever they are just sit there for months at a time.
⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

Terry

Post by Terry » August 14th, 2017, 10:01 pm

BA (or someone) should tow it, break it up and sell the parts cheaply. There's a few bits on there I could do with. Maybe that would finance a bin or two -- you never know ;)
I've got wild staring eyes, and I've got a strong urge to fly ... but I've got nowhere to fly to

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » August 15th, 2017, 8:28 am

I wonder why they don't just tow them away and say to the owner, you are responsible for recovery fees etc and if you don't pay then it will be sold at auction to cover costs. That's got to be cheaper than calling out emergency services when someone sets fire to the bloody thing which history has proven happens.
⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

Captain Kestrel

Post by Captain Kestrel » August 21st, 2017, 8:23 pm

Came past yesterday to find it has gone. Hope it hasn't sunk.