• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

Beware Of Fake Official Norfolk Broad's Websites

General Norfolk Broads related posts.
Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Beware Of Fake Official Norfolk Broad's Websites

Post by Dances With Otters » November 19th, 2018, 12:57 pm

Many of you will be aware of the longest running Norfolk Broad's forum website, and many will be aware of just how poorly so many of you were treated on that website in the past with impunity.
I can personally vouch for that.
At the end of the day, I don't believe in holding hot coals to throw at anybody.
I am a firm believer that if people decide to be negative in nature and in the way they treat others (especially anonymously), then they get what they deserve at the end of the day.
Even this forum in its first year had the misfortune of a troll encounter, and it did not work out too well for him.
There is nothing metaphysical about it and I don't even like to use words like karma. It is just cause and effect, what goes around, comes around...it is not rocket science.
However, having said that, I do believe in saying a spade is a spade and one thing that has always messed with my head is Norfolk Broad's websites claiming to be official when they are not. This is an outright lie, it is a fallacy and it cons everybody who is searching for an online forum associated with the wonderful Norfolk Broads.
Now, many of you will know exactly what forum and what website I am referring to and I am not going to even mention its name here because I just don't need to.
However, one thing I would urge all people to become aware of is that are you aware that this so-called OFFICIAL website is not even a secure website?
If the website was secured it would start https:// and it does not as it starts http://.
How does this affect you?
SSL Certificates secure all of your data as it is passed from your browser to the website's server

The reason you are seeing the “Not Secure” warning is because the web page or website you are visiting is not providing a secure connection. When your Chrome browser connects to a website it can either use the HTTP (insecure) or HTTPS (secure). Any page providing an HTTP connection will cause the “Not Secure” warning

So at the end of the day good people of the Norfolk Broads boating community, the only thing OFFICIAL about that website is that it is officially not secure.

I would be doing you all an injustice by not pointing out this matter to the 100 thousand people who type in Norfolk Broads Forum every month. :roll: Enjoy and be safe online! :D
⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵