• Administrator
  •  

How Much Is A Boat Or A Mooring Worth?

Boats for sale, outboards and engines, boat parts & spares. You can post and advertise your marine related items here on Norfolk Broads Forum for FREE.
Miles
Site Admin

How Much Is A Boat Or A Mooring Worth?

Post by Miles »

Credit: Auction House East Anglia
I was reading this article in the Norwich Evening News and it left me wondering about how boats are valued.
I guess really at the end of the day it is down to just how much value a potential buyer puts on an object.
Personally, I believe Norwich from a boating perspective is an opportunity totally wasted. Norwich could be a very desirable boating location and the city centre itself could be like another Amsterdam. Instead, it is unwelcoming and unsafe from a boating perspective.
Whitligham Broad could be opened up and turned into a world-class marina inviting sailors and boats from all across the world.
Thorpe could be a fantastic and attractive gateway to the Norfolk Broads from a tourist and boating level.
Anyway, here is a narrowboat up for auction soon in the Thorpe area, it's not actually clear whether the mooring is part of the guide price or not,
Clearly owning a mooring on the Norfolk Broads is a good investment as they are rarer than hen's teeth.
Attachments