• Administrator
  •  
    ⛵ Norfolk Broads Forum now features a blog, classifieds & forum ⛵
    Thanks To All Who Signed Petition

The other Side

Norfolk Broads Forum - General Norfolk Broads related posts.
avg45

The other Side

Post by avg45 » January 15th, 2020, 11:49 am

Although I have been banned from posting on the other side, because I spoke plain and honest, which was not liked. I still visit it now and again to see what topics have been brought up. It seems to me as if there are less and less people posting there,only the same old opinionated few who's names and attitude we all know. Still never mind quality always will tell!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan

Miles
Site Admin

Re: The other Side

Post by Miles » January 16th, 2020, 3:22 am

It's funny you mention that actually as I was only discussing the site the other day with another disgruntled former member.
When I look back at my own experience with the site and just how I was treated. Blatant online abuse, harassment and outright discrimination from moderators to even former police officers, I find myself disgusted with the behaviour of others.
I have even had trolling of a reviews sections of Google by cowards insisting on remaining anonymous whilst accusing this site of sniping.
It is no secret and it is common knowledge of this forum you describe as having a dark history and a deeply unethical agenda.
Sadly it also demonstrates a rather unusual side to boating spirit as we know it. From my own observations I have witnessed a dark side to the Norfolk Broads boating which you just do not see anywhere else.
It at times resembles a KKK clan type mentality with many people coming away with a very bitter taste in their mouth.
The world of the internet can only operate successfully if people are not choosing to post anonymously.
The sheer fact that some people will post anonymously in the first place to me is an indication of an unhealthy agenda.
When you have a scenario where anonymous members can subscribe, donate and financially support a website then effectively you will have a website with sponsors who can operate outside of the terms and conditions others have to follow.
Then when people speak out about their online activities, they are effectively prevented from posting.
The whole set-up is flawed from the core in my opinion.
⛵ Norfolk Broads Forum now features a blog, classifieds & forum ⛵

avg45

Re: The other Side

Post by avg45 » January 16th, 2020, 8:13 pm

Yes Miles, you have summed it up perfectly. I can remember 15-20 years ago when I first went on that Forum. It was very lighthearted, friendly and informative. Now it just seems as if it is just a medium to attack anyone who has the slightest opposite view to the Cabal that run it and post for purely selfish reasons, and its no wonder very few people post on there these day's. When they banned me, I could get no answer from them when I contacted the so called Moderator. I did not personally insult anyone and have never had the chance to defend my corner. Still I don't really care now as this forum is so much better than the other one, and I know that if I ever did upset anyone here I would have the chance to explain and apologise to them if necessary. I remember how you were treated on the other side, MIles, and think it was appalling. Still it won't be long now until I open Raven, and look forward to another great Season. :D :D :D :D :D

Alan