• Administrator

Glenmore repaint

Norfolk Broads Forum - Upload your photos of the Norfolk Broads & share images of this majestic Broadland waterways.
David

Glenmore repaint

Post by David » June 22nd, 2020, 11:42 am

Coupe of pics of Glenmore after I have repainted the hull over 8 days spread over 3 weeks al that's left is for Robert at Sutton Staith to apply its anti-foul

Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
A boat makes a big hole in the water in to which you throw money

Miles
Site Admin

Re: Glenmore repaint

Post by Miles » June 23rd, 2020, 8:06 am

Hope you can get something done with heatwave approaching. Personally I have to wait till about 19:30 hrs.
⛵ Norfolk Broads Forum now features a blog, classifieds & forum ⛵

David

Re: Glenmore repaint

Post by David » June 23rd, 2020, 4:09 pm

Luckily the hard graft is now done just the antifoul left to do it should be back in the water Friday evening, repainting that hull was hard work in the time scale that I had given myself, i got started on it the week of the 1st of June and got rained off by the Friday got back to it the following Sunday managed to get 5 coats of top coat on then finished it off Saturday with flatting it back first with 500 grit then 2000 grit then compound and polish, then on Sunday whipped round the woodwork to tidy it up.
I used nearly 5lts of 2 pack undercoat and nearly 5lts of 2 pack top coat (marine grade paint supplied by Whitham oil and paints of Lincoln but from thier place at Lowerstoft)
A boat makes a big hole in the water in to which you throw money