• Administrator

Major Technical Improvements

Ask any technical Q&A about using this Norfolk Broads Forum.
Miles
Site Admin

Major Technical Improvements

Post by Miles »

I recently discovered that literally hundreds of people had registered with this forum and had never come back because they had never received an activation key in an email.
A recent member very kindly pointed this out to me and I must confess, I was totally unaware as I have been in my own world writing to this website rather like it was a personal blog.
Firstly, many thanks to Graham as he has done this forum website a great service and for that, I am so grateful. I must insist on buying you a pint(s) if we cross paths on these rivers.
For literally days, I have had the support team of the forum software along with the hosting company's technical team trying to find the source of the problem.
The problem was with the mail server and after what I can only describe as...totally above my level of comprehension...the issues have been corrected.
Therefore, this means that to all who registered and it is a lot of people and who never received an activation key in any email....you are now live on the forum.
It also means that if you tick the box at the topics requesting to be notified of any updates, it works now and you will get emails.
Xmas came early for this forum this year and it now also means that this forum is ready to go toe to toe with all the others. :lol:

Merry Christmas and welcome to the new Norfolk Broads Forum...where I won't control, moderate, or censor what you write unless others flag you as a major pain in the transom. :?

Short Term Discomfort, Long Term Gain...
Graham

Re: Major Technical Improvements

Post by Graham »

Thanks Miles, I am glad that you got the problem sorted out.
..... And thank you ! I am sure one day our paths will cross. :)
Merry Christmas!