• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome To Norfolk Broads Forum.

New Forum Design For New Year.

Technical Q&A about using this Norfolk Broads Forum.
Miles
Site Admin

New Forum Design For New Year.

Post by Miles » January 15th, 2018, 1:46 pm

Thought I would go for a new forum design for the new year.
I am very pleased with the forum since it's launch in the summer of 2017.
I was initially focused on member numbers but I see that it does not really have to work that way as this website has had over 150,000 hits since June last year which is quite epic.
Sadly, I did have to remove a couple of members which I get no pleasure out of doing at all.
I do describe the forum as being a source of more open speech but I am not going to put up with people being abusive and neither should I.
Probably made the right decision though as one of the people who got removed thought it funny to register me on a gay website, so at least they had a sense of humour if not any manners. So, there you have it but a big sorry to that ex-member as I am not that type of sailor :D .
So here is to another fluid year, free from online prejudice, abuse and trolls and the new season is approaching wherever you plan on spending it. :D :D :D
I can tell as the days are getting longer.
2018-01-12_05-22-27.jpg
⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

avg45

Re: New Forum Design For New Year.

Post by avg45 » January 29th, 2019, 7:24 pm

Hi Miles, Thought it a shame that "Spindrift" has decided to leave the Forum. I cannot see where he is coming from in his goodbye post as I have always thought this Forum most enlightning and informative and noway could it be likened to "paint drying". This Forum knocks the other one into a cocked hat. Keep up the GOOD work Miles. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Alan

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » January 29th, 2019, 10:00 pm

It is so nice to be able to flow communication without being censored.
Last time I checked, that is how it works in the real world.
Best wishes.
:D

avg45

Post by avg45 » January 30th, 2019, 3:05 pm

Just had a brief look at the other Forum and am not surprised that hardly anyone goes on there these days! Perhaps they are all getting fed up with the SELECT few dominating it and talking down to everyone!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best . How is "High Seas" coming along. I am looking forward to opening up "Raven" at the end of March/beginning of April so will probably see you at Stalham Staithe Or Sutton sometime. :D :D :D :D

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » January 30th, 2019, 6:44 pm

Very busy indeed. :D