• Administrator

Restoring Inflatable Dinghy Appearance

Forum marine-related technical information. Not just Norfolk Broads boats but all vessels and help others to fix their boats.
Miles
Site Admin

Re: Restoring Inflatable Dinghy Appearance

Post by Miles »

You rub it in basically and you just get the motion going. I rub that Farecla G3 compound in and then I come back with a little bit of water and good old fashioned elbow grease.
This section here in the photograph has been done and I think it is pretty obvious that it has made a big difference.
Attachments
restoring dinghy15.jpg
restoring dinghy15.jpg (6.11 KiB) Viewed 263 times

Short Term Discomfort, Long Term Gain...
Miles
Site Admin

Re: Restoring Inflatable Dinghy Appearance

Post by Miles »

The Farecla G3, it has done wonders for the fibreglass hull. It has been a key component in restoring inflatable dinghy ribs, it is a must ingredient.
I would not say it is a hundred percent done yet as there are still some areas where I have missed.
Considering this has been done manually it has come up very good.
PVC is used in most production manufactured inflatable dinghy rib boats and there are several tests to check if you are unsure which fabric your inflatable dinghy or rib is made from.
Firstly, the back of the fabric if you can see the inside of the tube through the valve, Hypalon is dark grey or black on the inside.
PVC is the same colour on both sides.
It turns out the Cillit Bang is so good because it contains industrial strength cleaners and that explains a lot because it does a fantastic job on GRP too.

Restoring inflatable dinghy ribs is indeed possible without having to paint the whole boat. It is just one of those jobs that takes some time. A nice sunny weekend is all it takes at the very most.

If you have any questions at all? please feel free to register with my Norfolk Broads Forum and post your questions.

Short Term Discomfort, Long Term Gain...