• Administrator

Norfolk Broads Boat Security Visits - Lockdown 2021

There's always a lot of events happening on the Norfolk Broads & here you can post any topics on the forum relating to Norfolk Broads news.
Miles
Site Admin

Norfolk Broads Boat Security Visits - Lockdown 2021

Post by Miles »

lockdown3.jpg
lockdown3.jpg (8 KiB) Viewed 521 times
Norfolk Broads Lockdown.

I am sure none of you is surprised by this news.
We all knew it was coming.
It is disturbing and it is quite literally going to be hell for many people.
Everything from health reasons, personal survival and to even such debacle as losing jobs, homes and possessions.
lockdown2.jpg
lockdown2.jpg (5.43 KiB) Viewed 521 times
What About Boating On The Norfolk Broads?

Well, let's face it, it is almost a year later since the first lockdown and here we are again in a far worse state than last year.
Literally weeks away from what is supposed to be the boating season of 2021.
The Broads Authority will almost certainly be expecting toll payments for boat owners.
The chances of anyone actually being able to visit their boat, let alone use it is looking very unlikely if today's news is anything to go by as the U.K. Prime Minister announced yet another national lockdown.
Last year, when the restrictions were lifted there was a mad rush of people hiring boats on the Norfolk Broads and this year was heavily booked long in advance according to local media.
lockdown.jpg
lockdown.jpg (4.78 KiB) Viewed 521 times
What Does The Future Hold For Norfolk Broads Boating?

Nobody can possibly know at this stage.

Do You Require A Security Vist To Your Boat?

I will gladly assist any private boater who requires me to go and physically check on their vessel.
I can provide a video of the security visit and also photos which can be uploaded to you online.
This can not only offer peace of mind but may also help if you are unlucky enough to file an insurance claim for your vessel.

However, there are two concessions to this security service offering.

Firstly, you will be charged in advance for this service.
The Norfolk Broads is huge and I will be required to cover my costs.
I will charge £30 to pay a visit to a boat on the Northern Broads.
I will charge £50 to pay a visit to a boat on the Southern Broads.

Secondly, I will need advanced permission and authority of the boatyard/marina owner to be able to visit the location.
I understand that not all locations will be locked and gates closed, although many will be.

I have security licences and if you require evidence of these in advance? Please message me and I will send you copies for your perusal.

I will have to charge everyone for this boat security service as it will not be possible to do it otherwise.

If I can help you?

I will.

Boats need attention.
I will never be entering a vessel, I will be able to check mooring ropes and check for evidence of intrusion or damage.
In addition, I will be able to provide you with video and photographic evidence of your vessel at the time of the prearranged visit.
boat mooring.jpg
boat mooring.jpg (9 KiB) Viewed 521 times

Short Term Discomfort, Long Term Gain...
Miles
Site Admin

Re: Norfolk Broads Boat Security Visits - Lockdown 2021

Post by Miles »

Please be advised that due to limited daylight hours, it is best to book at least a day in advance.

Short Term Discomfort, Long Term Gain...