• Administrator

Leisure 23SL For Sale

Norfolk Broads Forum - Boats for sale, outboards and engines, boat parts & spares. You can post and advertise your Broads marine related items here for FREE.
Miles
Site Admin

Leisure 23SL For Sale

Post by Miles » March 18th, 2019, 8:14 pm

Leisure 23SL..JPG
1979 Leisure 23SL sailing boat.
Known for having generous headroom for a 23-foot sailboat.
This boat has a Volvo Penta MD5A diesel engine with a saildrive.
The boat safety was done last year and is valid till 2022.
Full set of sails all in great condition and unused in the five years that we have owned the boat.
There is a twin hob gas stove.
VHF radio.
The boat evidently had GPS chart plotter equipment at some point and we still have the autohelm.
A brand new sea toilet was installed in March 2019 and so too as a manual sink tap.
This boat is technically speaking a 5 berth.
The interior is bright, airy and in very good order.
The bad points I am aware of are the echo sounder and speedo NASA screens are in need of replacement and the windows are crazed. I suspect they could even be the original ones from when the boat was manufactured in 1979.
We have antifouled the boat twice in the past five years and it is due to have another one.
I am very confident in the condition of this boat and it has been looked after.
The boat does not have a folding mast and I have just raised the mast with a homemade a-frame which was temporarily attached to the front u-bolts and with rope stabilisers I had no issue at all. However, I would not recommend this sailboat for frequent mast lowering as it quite simply is not designed for that.
Many Leisure 23 SL owners have stabilising brackets made up for the mast to stabilise it during lowering and raising but we did not install them as it was not deemed aesthetically pleasing.
The Boat is located on the River Ant of the Norfolk Broads.
Genuine reason for selling.
£4,250.00
⛵ Norfolk Broads Forum now features a blog, classifieds & forum ⛵