• Administrator

East Coast Fibreglass Review

General non-specific Norfolk Broads Forum posts.
Miles
Site Admin

East Coast Fibreglass Review

Post by Miles »

301b pump.jpeg
301b pump.jpeg (3.46 KiB) Viewed 221 times
I believe in being totally honest and open about reviewing products and companies especially when it comes to boating products.

One company I have spent a lot of money with over the past few years is a company called East Coast Fibreglass.

These 301b pumps are for dispensing the correct quantity of epoxy with the very expensive West System product.

My hardener pump failed after 1kg hardener and bear in mind these pumps cost a further £17/18 on top of £130 Epoxy resin.

On emailing the company to make a polite complaint I was met with a series of replies which did nothing other than to shirk responsibility.

Initially, I was told they were not designed to last indefinitely.

1kg of hardener lasts as long as tea in a Thermos flask.

Secondly, I was told that perhaps I should contact West System as they might send me another.

Clearly, I was in contact with a person totally disinterested in customer service so I asked my complaint to be forwarded to the management.

I shall update if I get any response.

In the meantime, I shall be buying my fibreglass products from another company. :roll:

Norfolk Broads Forum was started in 2017. :D
Miles
Site Admin

Re: East Coast Fibreglass Review

Post by Miles »

Well, they insisted on referring me to the technical team at West System, however, they have now agreed to send me a replacement.
For heaven's sake...if you have a crap product from Amazon...it gets changed asap.

BEN

Post by BEN »

Never used ECF , but I do use https://www.cfsnet.co.uk/ never had a problem with them and even though they are way down in Redruth deliveries have always been very prompt.

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles »

I have used them too and I would have to say their customer support is better.
However I received a replacement today so can't complain other than the fact that I had to push it.
Attachments
IMG_20210727_163433_235_copy_1560x2080_1.jpg