• Administrator

Broads Tolls Exemptions

Norfolk Broads Forum - General Norfolk Broads related posts.
Miles
Site Admin

Broads Tolls Exemptions

Post by Miles » April 6th, 2020, 1:23 pm

We all know the imbalance of tolls at present is making boat owners blood boil and quite rightly too.

However, I have been informed that if your boat is up for sale and therefore not being used...then tolls are exempt.

The extent of validity to this statement is as of yet unconfirmed.

If it proves to be accurate and with so many folks having to sell their boat this year...I would suggest looking into it further.

If the Broads Authority are not going to play fair, then if the dogs bite...bite them back.
⛵ Norfolk Broads Forum now features a blog, classifieds & forum ⛵

avg45

Re: Broads Tolls Exemptions

Post by avg45 » April 9th, 2020, 8:16 pm

Have Emailed John Packman re Hire fleets and he has assured me that they are all subject to ByLaw 19 and as soon as any Hire boat goes back in the water and is let out for hire they will be subject to the toll fee the same as any other boat on the Broads.

Hope this helps

Alan

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » April 11th, 2020, 12:50 pm

The bloke talks non stop rubbish.
He said the hire boats were exempt but they are still in the water so they should all be tolled and he stated private boats were not exempt although the reason he stated are applicable to all boats.
From my understanding the vast majority of boaters are withholding their toll payment until this chap starts playing fair and to stops taking the p*** out of private boaters.
John Packman is a dictator.
Furthermore the financial welfare of a hire boat company is none of his business.
I think it paints a very dark image of the Broads Authority and there is a long list of boaters ready to challenge him on this latest announcement.
⛵ Norfolk Broads Forum now features a blog, classifieds & forum ⛵

avg45

Post by avg45 » April 11th, 2020, 3:03 pm

Hi Miles,
Seeing as you put it like that, I must agree with your sentiments and reply, Unfortunately I have paid my Tolls so cannot withhold them. Still next year is a whole new ball game !! :)