• Administrator

Pulling The Climate Change Card For A Pontoon

Norfolk Broads Forum - General Norfolk Broads related posts.
Miles
Site Admin

Pulling The Climate Change Card For A Pontoon

Post by Miles » January 27th, 2020, 9:34 pm

It is now common knowledge that 2020 Broads tolls have been increased further still. :twisted:
Even more alarming is that the reason is being associated entirely with climate change. :roll:
For an organisation responsible for maintaining navigation on the waterways, I personally seriously question the foundation of such a tolls increase. Furthermore, I suspect the association with climate change could even be nothing short of fraudulent.
How can climate change be used to increase tolls for waterways by an organisation that holds no jurisdiction with global environmental issues?
Using the funds for the acquisition of pontoons is also completely irrelevant to the cause of tolls increase in every shape or form.
If the increase in tolls was for the installation of multiple electric points to charge electric vessels then that is a matter worthy of consideration.
However, the ultimate scenario would be an uneasy aggression amongst boaters that would be created by who gets priority over using the electric points in the first place.
I find it shocking that the Broads Authority are able to do this with impunity and the only reason I can see they literally get away with this questionable behaviour is because they are not a democratic public authority and neither are they elected by the individuals who fund their existence in the first place.

How long can this go on for?
⛵ Norfolk Broads Forum now features a blog, classifieds & forum ⛵