• Administrator

Thanks Fisherman

Norfolk Broads Forum - General Norfolk Broads related posts.
Miles
Site Admin

Thanks Fisherman

Post by Miles » January 8th, 2020, 1:43 pm

Just doing some routine maintenance to a saildrive on one of our boats and just look at this mess I pulled off the propeller shaft.
Luckily the seals are protected by a metal plate.
However, this makes me believe that there must be another way to deal with waste fishing line....and I don't mean a rope cutter.
This is plastic that should not be there.
If it's getting around propeller shafts then it must be getting around everything else.
There needs to be an introduction to biodegradable fishing line. This is not an occupation for people with regards to fishing, it is a pastime and it is a pastime that needs cleaning up.
Attachments
IMG_20200108_111023-1632x1224.jpg
⛵ Norfolk Broads Forum now features a blog, classifieds & forum ⛵

avg45

Re: Thanks Fisherman

Post by avg45 » January 8th, 2020, 7:36 pm

Hi Miles. As a boat owner and a responsible angler who makes sure that all fishing line, weights and hooks are cleared away from the bank and disposed of properly, I can only apologise for the mindless, inconsiderate idiots who just throw their discarded tackle in the river or leave it on the bank. I would also venture to say that these so called anglers are not full time anglers like myself and hundreds of others, who belong to reputable clubs and look after their club waters, but the ones who visit the Broads once a year and dabble at fishing for their "kids sake" and to look cool or so they think !!!!!

Alan :( :( :( :( :( :(

Vetchugger

Re: Thanks Fisherman

Post by Vetchugger » January 8th, 2020, 11:45 pm

What Alan said nails it completely!