• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

If The Bins Cant Handle A Bank Holiday?

All posts relating to environmental issues of the Norfolk Broads.
Dances With Otters
Site Admin

If The Bins Cant Handle A Bank Holiday?

Post by Dances With Otters » May 10th, 2018, 8:38 am

Okay, so it was damn fine bank holiday weekend, great weather all round. :) ;)
I had a quick blast up to Wroxham to get some rays and although I was not surprised :roll: to see the bins full, I could not help but wonder why these facilities were in fact so overloaded by one weekend when the rest of the summer had yet to play out?
Surely, there are not enough bins if they spill out after just one extended weekend?
41292268704_746a894d41_o.jpg
41112181345_c3c9f18dc2_o.jpg
41112180675_a7679fdebb_o.jpg

⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

JohnS

Re: If The Bins Cant Handle A Bank Holiday?

Post by JohnS » May 30th, 2018, 6:27 pm

You should've seen the 'non boat waste' bins at Loddon! They were overflowing and rubbish piled up at the sides. To be fair the council must come and colllected it early on bank holiday Monday as they were empty when we next saw them. So the boat bins have been removed, but there workload Is the same removing the bins hasn't stoppped the need for the bins :roll:

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Re: If The Bins Cant Handle A Bank Holiday?

Post by Dances With Otters » May 30th, 2018, 7:47 pm

The people have been calling for the bins to be returned since day one but no authority has listened.
They will come online and in the papers acting the part and talking the b.s. propaganda but at the end of the day the Broads is filling with rubbish and the environment is getting screwed.
I wonder how many people like myself will have their boat lifted out only to find some crap wrapped around the propeller.
At some point in the future I hope someone faces criminal charges for allowing this to happen, it's a disgrace.
A national park?
My arse, there are more bins on a London council state.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵