• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

New Speeding Signs

There is always a lot of events happening on the Norfolk Broads and here you can post or read any topics relating to Norfolk Broads news.
Dances With Otters
Site Admin

New Speeding Signs

Post by Dances With Otters » April 30th, 2018, 8:00 am

FB_IMG_1525070880614.jpg
This is pretty cool, probably will help but not in every case.

I have always found the area after Hovering viaduct a little disconcerting. People tend to open up in this part.
The day boats make bigger waves and wash ironically and it really varies from boat to boat.
My concern has always been the nesting birds in the reeds as they do it so close to the water.
No person wants CCTV everywhere, we all come here to escape that nonsense, however, you have to have some form of discipline as at times things can go wrong such as alcohol related situations or outright arrogance.
Personally, I think all day boats should be prevented from going faster than the speed limit in the first place, there is no need for them to be able to. None will pass Breydon Water or be faced with formidable currents.
The day boats get a rough ride from the big hire boats, many a time I have seen them nearly forced into the banks by larger hire boats.
The same should apply to larger hire boats, why are they able to go fast enough to create a hazardous wash in the first place? If the speed limit is 4-6 mph? Then so too should the boat.
As for private boaters, well if you are speeding? Then you are fair game for getting a ticket.
It's not rocket science.

⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵