• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

BSS

Share or ask any marine related technical information about not just Norfolk Broads boats but all vessels in general and help others to fix their boats.
David

BSS

Post by David » April 27th, 2018, 6:53 am

Just had my BSS done Wednesday by Tim Waters I must say he is very fair and thorough, the boat did pass but did have a gas problem which was sorted, looked like I had a gas leak but after some head scratching and pipe isolation it was traced to a weak regulator and a near empty gas bottle, the system held pressure but when it was reduced to 20 atmospheres (that’s the test for butane systems) the manometer kept dropping changing to a full gas bottle did the trick

A boat makes a big hole in the water in to which you throw money

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Re: BSS

Post by Dances With Otters » April 27th, 2018, 3:22 pm

Is he that that tall chap?
Think he did mine last time.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

avg45

Post by avg45 » April 27th, 2018, 6:24 pm

I had my boat inspected last October by Alan May, who did a first class job and a clean bill of health. Being a retired Gas Safety engineer i knew what he was doing and can certainly vouch for his knowledge and efficiency. I will certainly use him again.

If your ice cubes melt in your glass, it means your drinking too slow!!!! :lol:

David

Post by David » April 27th, 2018, 9:22 pm

He is quite tall ex fireman drives a black Toyota hilux, very fair inspector he knows his stuff although my gas fault had him baffled he had never seen that in 10 years of inspecting boats
A boat makes a big hole in the water in to which you throw money