• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome To Norfolk Broads Forum.
    This website is created by the producer of Sailing High Seas Youtube channel.

Otter Cub Hooked

All posts relating to environmental issues of the Norfolk Broads.
Miles
Site Admin

Otter Cub Hooked

Post by Miles » February 28th, 2019, 3:34 pm

I heard an awful story today of boaters being alerted to an animal screaming last night at Wayford Bridge.
On investigation a boater discovered a man and a woman fishing with live bait in the dark had hooked an otter cub.
The cub broke free and was screaming in panic as it was unable to get out of the water by the key heading.
Another nearby boater used his net and placed it under the otter's belly and helped it to get out of the water.
The adult otter then came over and placed the screaming cub in it's mouth and took it away.
A sad story indeed but the reason why I am sharing this with you, is that the person who rescued the otter stated he was concerned about the number of rods the man and woman fishing had in use and recommended the B..A. or Environment Agency patrolled the area after dark.

⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

Hylander

Re: Otter Cub Hooked

Post by Hylander » March 6th, 2019, 8:48 am

That is so very sad and obviously completely unintended , I should imagine the person who hooked the cub would be so upset. Saying that I personally do not agree with live bait. May be this incident will change their minds on the subject.

On re-reading your post may be it would be a good idea for the EA to check and see if they are licensed for all of these rods.
Last edited by Hylander on March 6th, 2019, 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hylander

Post by Hylander » March 6th, 2019, 8:51 am

Miles , somehow I have mislaid my password and now have a new one suggested by the site. Only problem is I would like to have a password that I create.

Is it possible to change the password please?

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » March 6th, 2019, 9:13 am

I can not read your password as it is encrypted. You should be offered the opportunity to change it when you reset it as if you had forgotten it.

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » March 6th, 2019, 9:16 am

What you do is edit to what you like by going to your profile and click 'edit profile' and then 'edit account settings', it is in there somewhere. :D Hope that helps.

Hylander

Post by Hylander » March 7th, 2019, 7:43 am

Thank you. I got there in the end. Changed password. Happy now.