• Administrator
  •  
    Boat Crash Video Clips Wanted

Hoveton Viaduct Moorings Next To Go

There is always a lot of events happening on the Norfolk Broads and here you can post or read any topics relating to Norfolk Broads news.
Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Re: Hoveton Viaduct Moorings Next To Go

Post by Dances With Otters » January 18th, 2019, 11:13 am

The land adjacent to Hoveton St John moorings is owned by Roy's and leased to them for £1 per year.
My understanding is that they insisted on the landowners paying for the public liability insurance which was refused by many private landowners. Resulting in many landowners saying, stuff it!.
However, I must add that this is purely sourced from 'Broads Banter', which travels down the waterways quicker than one of Richo's boats.

⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

avg45

Re: Hoveton Viaduct Moorings Next To Go

Post by avg45 » January 20th, 2019, 6:24 pm

One has to make the point, that the BA are condemned if they do and condemned if they don't. I am not a fervent supporter of the BA, but I do agree that when greedy Landlords/Farmers want exorbitant amounts of money to renew a lease, then they should walk away and consider buying moorings which as Toll payers we will always have access to. If it means an increase in Toll fees to obtain this then I personally am willing to pay it. :D :D :D
I know that in a previous post I said that I hoped it would come out of the National Park fund but I am still willing to help toward permanent moorings. :D :D :D :D