is available on Amazon in ebook format.

Click here to find out more on Amazon.

Abusive Fishermen Preventing Boats Mooring Up On Norfolk Broads

Welcome to the forum.
Miles
Site Admin

Abusive Fishermen Preventing Boats Mooring Up On Norfolk Broads

Post by Miles »

Disturbing footage of aggressive, abusive fishermen at Irstead Staithe, Norfolk Broads preventing boat from mooring and pushing the boat off.

Webmaster of the Norfolk Broads Forum
Miles
Site Admin

Re: Abusive Fishermen Preventing Boats Mooring Up On Norfolk Broads

Post by Miles »

Just in case you still had faith in the Broads Authority? You may lose it all completely when you read the response I received when I shared this footage with them.
Good afternoon Miles,

Thank you for contacting us regarding threatening behaviour at Irstead Staithe. Unfortunately we are unable to act on 3rd party information, but if the witness or any boaters affected would like to report this directly to us we will investigate this disturbing incident.

Kind regards,

Nikki Jones

I am lost for words....and that rarely happens :!:
Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles »

The hire boats are out.. imagine a family pulling in to moor for the night and being confronted with this.
Screenshot_20240305-171856.png
Screenshot_20240305-171856.png (713.35 KiB) Viewed 24427 times
It's not right and a woke BA won't deal with it.
It's the navigation area...move out!
Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles »

I am quite perplexed by some comments online about the posting of this video.

One in particular is someone going by the name of "Meantime" on a Broad's forum who seems to question an agenda behind the video and then goes on to repeatedly make quotes about
Being a thorn in the side of the BA and accusations of being a repeat overstayer on moorings.
What I am seeing here is nothing short of projection and we can all nip that in the bud right now.

The video has been posted not to cause any uproar or invalidate any organisation.
The video was posted because the event is unacceptable and needs to be addressed and handled by the relevant authorities.

Bear in mind hire boats are coming out now as well as private boat owners and if this belligerent behaviour goes without being addressed, then don't be surprised if no tourists come to the Norfolk Broads this year.

If anyone has any questions about the video? Contact me on YouTube in the comments section, I will gladly answer any questions.

Posting your own projection online anonymously is cringeworthy.

Any questions? Just ask
Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles »

Any boat should be able to moor up at a public mooring without resistance .
If someone is fishing?
Fine..that is not a problem.
Permit the boat to moor and carry on fishing.
There is no issue.
Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles »

https://www.northnorfolknews.co.uk/news ... ate=070324

According to that newspaper article the police are now investigating the matter which is great news.

It now means the Norfolk Broads is safer for all and boaters private or hire can continue to use the waterways free from abuse and threatening behaviour.

I was also contacted by one of the fisherman claiming the boat ran his lines which is absolute rubbish. There were multiple witnesses to this incident and furthermore it is not an isolated incident but one of many.

I was also threatened with legal action if I didn't take his photo down which is once again absolute rubbish as it's a public spot and we all have a right to film in public. That is why his photo is now shared across local newspapers.

The Norfolk Broads is for everyone and if these two think they can carry on abusing and threatening boaters and dictating to others who can and can't moor up, then they are very mistaken.