• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

Obstruction Of Moorings

An unofficial portal to direct your questions to the Broads Authority about the management of the Norfolk Broads.
Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Obstruction Of Moorings

Post by Dances With Otters » July 31st, 2018, 7:31 pm

Right there is a problem on Broads Authority moorings right now and there are two causes.

One hirers are not being told about Byelaw 66 and two the byelaw is hidden out of clear sight on BA mooring signs.

This refers to hirers refusing to move a boat up, or down to allow another boat to moor up.

In addition, hirers are deliberately mooring a boat two posts away from the end of a mooring to prevent a boat mooring up so they can have the space for fishing.

I have never had any issues asking a boat to move up, or down to make room to get in, never in four years.

This year I have had multiple boats refusing to move for a multitude of reasons. I even had one today standing in the galley and waving a plate of food at me to suggest he was too busy staring at it to move his boat. That's okay mate, I'll float around for half an hour whilst you stuff your face. Two people on the boat and one had the audacity to say she was busy cooking although she was sat in the chair staring at her bloody phone.

If the hirers are not informed that they are supposed to move up to get everyone in, then they can't really be blamed for having an attitude problem, as they had that before they hired the boat.

The idea with some is that if they leave a space at the end of the moorings just two posts then they won't be asked to move up as no boat can get in so they can sit there fishing all day. This is not on, they are moorings.

Now to top it off byelaw 66 is at the bottom of the mooring signs and so bloody small that no-one can see it

Why not put a sign big enough so it's bloody obvious?

Another thing is as that bloody Pelican boat remains at Sutton for over a month now, others are saying stuff it, if he can, so can I. That's the problem with dragging out these **** takers.

I was chatting to a chap only recently and he stated that as that boat Pelican remains there after a month, then if he is asked to move he will refuse and therefore remained for four days.

The management of moorings on the Norfolk Broads is failing miserably. That is not a moan at the Broads Authority but an observation that the system has failed miserably.

⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

JohnS

Re: Obstruction Of Moorings

Post by JohnS » July 31st, 2018, 11:26 pm

I can see why people are starting to think like that. What's good for the goose is good for the Ganda. I certainly won't be moving if I decided to have another night at Loddon and I'm asked to move on, not when that Elysian was there for months! I've Not been there in a while, but wouldn't be surprised if it's still there :roll:

David

Post by David » August 1st, 2018, 11:45 am

Don't know if you have noticed but Viny has moved his broom off stalham Staith 👍
A boat makes a big hole in the water in to which you throw money

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » August 1st, 2018, 1:53 pm

No he is back.
⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵