• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

The Running Engines.

An extension of the YouTube channel for contact, photos & updates etc.
Dances With Otters
Site Admin

The Running Engines.

Post by Dances With Otters » November 14th, 2017, 5:16 pm

⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Rick H

Re: The Running Engines.

Post by Rick H » November 14th, 2017, 7:06 pm

It largely depends on if the hire boat company bothered to spend the extra and installed a immersion heater to the tank + the associated wiring etc , all yiu would he's from my boat would be the splash of water from the exhaust at that distance and its that that bugs me the most the lack of any form of muffler , its worth remembering that the before 8 and after 8 rule isn't a rule its advisory that's all , but there is a bylaw regarding the disturbance of others which includes music , wash , engine noise , human noise, even dogs i believe .
Thing is for total peace and tranquility nothing beats mud weighting on a broad iv no idea why the broad at wroxham is hardly ever used iv had some very peaceful nights on there and even with a dog I still mud weight some times which = peace for me and both animals 😀 .

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » November 14th, 2017, 7:11 pm

I believe there is a charge to mud weight there.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » November 14th, 2017, 7:15 pm

I think the rope going down to the mud weight is free but the surface area of a mud weight on the bottom of the Broad warrants an amount of coinage exchange.
I think the only exchange I would be prepared to offer would be the single finger salute. :twisted:
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Rick H

Post by Rick H » November 14th, 2017, 7:31 pm

I don't mean wroxham broad cos that is charged 😟 I ment the one opposite the viaduct moorings that's the quite one , and yes I agree how they can charge for mud weighting is beyond me , that said its yrs since I did I n there n then I tied off to a marker buoy , easy this pick up ( even with the 3 foot freeboard of my last boat ) and less chance of moving in high winds .

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » November 14th, 2017, 7:49 pm

That is Bridge Broad and apparently has a 24 hour limit.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Rick H

Post by Rick H » November 14th, 2017, 8:32 pm

What 24 limit ? How long has that been happening ? And most important who says so ? Rouge Ranger ? As far as I know there's no limit on any broad north or south , but you can be sure I'm goi g to check now and find out why if there is a limit , there deffinatly were no signs at all last time I was there , to me I think someone is taking the Mick on this one bud and if it's a ranger he needs reporting as that intimidation 😟

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » November 14th, 2017, 8:36 pm

A liveaboard found out the hard way some time ago. Apparently it is owned by a big landowner in the area which I think must be the Trafford's but I am not sure.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Rick H

Post by Rick H » November 14th, 2017, 8:43 pm

The hard way ??? Is there any signage to point this out if not how are you supposed to know ? What action did the land owner take if it is his to take action on anyway , time for a chat with BA tomorrow I think but before I do that I'll do a thread on NBN see if they know .

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » November 14th, 2017, 8:46 pm

Yes good idea.
I chatted to a bloke about it for quite a while.
I think there may have been a liveaboard using it for a good while and it prompted that response. How accurate it is, I have no idea as it was just banter.
It makes sense though as this Traffords is a big landowner up here and has been for centuries apparently.
Even down at the Wroxham Staithe on the sign at the top of the hill it refers to Trafford Estates and I don't think it means the cars.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵