• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

Winter

An extension of the YouTube channel for contact, photos & updates etc.
bagboat

Winter

Post by bagboat » August 20th, 2017, 7:12 pm

I luv winter boating, so nice on the Broads. Xmas again this year, hope I don't get frozen in again.

High Seas

Re: Winter

Post by High Seas » August 21st, 2017, 8:38 am

It has always amazed me just how few private boaters come out in the winter months.
Personally, I think its my favourite time. Its awesome with a log burner going at night times and it is just so quiet and serene.
I remember being at Burgh Castle a couple of years ago and it was like going back in time.
I reckon if a wherry had gone past I would have tripped out....and of course no hire boats

BEN

Post by BEN » August 21st, 2017, 12:44 pm

The problem for most people in the winter is they don't have electricity on their home moorings and therefore cannot stop their engines freezing. De-winterising an engine to go for a trip and then re-winterising when you've finished for the day is a right pain...

High Seas

Post by High Seas » August 21st, 2017, 12:47 pm

That's a good point.

avg45

Post by avg45 » November 17th, 2017, 7:35 pm

Ben you hit the nail on the head. I live 3 hours drive away and I winter my boat mid November as I don't want to get caught out like a couple of my friends did a few years ago. I do agree that winter is a lovely time to be on the rivers, and I would cruise in the winter if i lived a bit nearer. Enjoy it and have a great Christmas.

Alan