Some Pics. By Waylander.

Uploaded by me as problems with uploading.

Upload your photos of the Norfolk Broads.
High Seas
Site Admin

Some Pics. By Waylander.

Post by High Seas » November 29th, 2017, 3:41 pm

Here are some photos from Waylander, I have uploaded then for him as can be a bit tricky on the Broads.

image7.JPG
image6.JPG
image5.JPG
image4.JPG
image3.JPG
image2.JPG
image1.JPG

Liveaboard or liveathome?.....that is the question

High Seas
Site Admin

Re: Sone Pics. By Waylander.

Post by High Seas » November 29th, 2017, 3:41 pm

Got to say Waylander, it looks a lot bigger inside than I would have imagined and sure does look cosy.

Waylander

Post by Waylander » November 29th, 2017, 4:14 pm

Did you see the series on tv called Firefly and the film, Serenity? If you have angled walls ( like they had on their space ship) and keep the decoration light it makes things look bigger.... My boat looks much bigger inside than out! She is 20' long and 8.45' on the maximum beam but she is tear drop shap.... She's my Tardis and my whole world!
Let the world flood! I live on a boat! :lol:

High Seas
Site Admin

Post by High Seas » November 29th, 2017, 4:18 pm

I have not watched TV for years, the idiot lantern or electric Valium is how I see it these days, after all there is a reason why it's content is called 'programs'.
I took the right pill and went down the rabbit hole. ;)
But for the benefit of others, lol, how do you run your TV? Is it 12 volts or ACDC through an inverter?

Waylander

Post by Waylander » November 29th, 2017, 4:46 pm

This TV is 12v with a built in DVD player. Bought on e bay for £89! The same ones are in blofield camping shop at over £300!!! E bay is so handy sometimes! It has a surge protector in its power line to stop power spikes effecting it and the TV itself draws about 1.5amps when on DVD playing which is all I do watch- don't do terestial tv either. I used to have a Currys tv that was 12v from a seperated transformer. Most TVs are 12v nowadays but the transformers are inside them so no good for a boat unless you take em apart and bypass the transformer. Unfortunately curry's TVs don't like vibration and don't last on boats.... Although if you are like my Dad and don't go out in the boat his lasted 8 years. Mine because I moved lasted a year! This one is from a company that fits out HGV trucks.... If you get one make sure you don't get a 24v by accident as quite a few HGV's are 24v. It only has one problem but I now ignore it.... It's an LED TV so suffers from "phasing" LEDs don't react to the speed that films are made.... So basically you see CGI movies are CGI'd if you get what I mean.... Sometimes the back drops that are computer generated in the film is a bit slower to be updated than the main character or fore front of the film so it looks a bit odd.... But LED screens don't mind the vibration like LCD's do. After a while you don't see it as you get used to it. Sound is pretty crap too but a sound bar under neath sorts that out.

High Seas
Site Admin

Post by High Seas » November 29th, 2017, 4:50 pm

I would not have one unless it was a smart TV.
I dont like the stupid ones.

Waylander

Post by Waylander » November 29th, 2017, 4:53 pm

Black box to the right is X box! I like shooting things on it as I can't do it in real life no more! Lol!!!
It's mains but runs off a sterling 500w inverter or mains power or generator. My inverter will also power the ring main in the boat by plugging a double ended plug into it, one plug in the inverter and the other end on a short power cord into the 240v socket above it.... This way I can X box with engine on and run washing machine! I did try something silly once, switched the battery charger on while inverter was putting power into the ring main and the battery charger circuit! Volt meters went wild and lots of flashy lights! Pity! Thought I might have been into free power or something! Lol. Oh and it's also a good idea to trip the RCD cos the mains cable for shore power becomes live if you don't! Gave me a nice tingle!!!

Waylander

Post by Waylander » November 29th, 2017, 4:54 pm

Problem with smart TVs is they are smarter than me! Too complicated! Too many buttons and sub menus! I like stupid cos them I'm the smart one! Ish!! Very ish😎

High Seas
Site Admin

Post by High Seas » November 29th, 2017, 5:27 pm

I think anyone thinking of doing some continuous cruising will look at them photos and be thinking, 'Oh yeah! I'll be having a super sized bit of that'.

Waylander

Post by Waylander » November 29th, 2017, 6:26 pm

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?