• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

How Not To Be A Liveaboard.

All liveaboard related posts.
Rick H

Re: How Not To Be A Liveaboard.

Post by Rick H » December 25th, 2017, 6:37 pm

To be honest Miles we both know that there is someone in that vicinity that will very much take a big interest in this , he reports everything , I'm sure u know who I mean since he moors there In the yard , let him take it up with the various authorities after all he'll only claim credit for it if you or anyone else's does as has happened before , u do understand the frustration of it all but until councils and BA sit up and realise their responsibly then nothing will change sadly .

Waylander

Post by Waylander » December 25th, 2017, 6:41 pm

One of the people posting under this topic said there is now a large amount of rubbish at Sutton staith and some of the boats that formally occupied the site that High Seas photographed are now residing at Sutton staith which I believe to be controlled by the BA and is not private land so therefore the BA can act on this. They kicked me off Ranworth in the ice last year because I had over stayed a 24hr mooring, kinda thought that being iced in was a pretty good excuse but obviously not! Lots of councils hands are tied over rubbish and untidy tennants in houses and not just council houses, private houses have their fair share of owners who seem to believe that the garden is for rubbish and dead cars.... We shouldn't discriminate against people who choose to live their lives different to us... Yes I know this but my point is that certain people are not helping us other- pardon the use of an incorrect term, but it is how other people see us- live aboards with the image that they create. It's not just the broads, canals have the same problems and people I know who live on the canals avoid the areas where the problem boats are but are tarred with the same brush and are hounded by prejudiced people who believe that all live aboards are the same. Fortunately for them the canal system is bigger so they can avoid the worst areas. Unfortunately for us the Broad system is a lot smaller and being made smaller by the actions of the few but triggered by the problem boats. Apparently there is a wild mooring (trespass mooring) that had been made unusable by the landowner, if all were to follow suit because they don't want their land to become a rubbish tip, we will all be on BA moorings and moving off after 24 hrs but the Broads, unlike the canals, don't have enough moorings to support the hire fleet and the "live aboards" Even by the actions of this " fleet" we are being made to change our ways. We, the legal " liveaboards" can no longer use certain wild moorings due to the rubbish, I mean, would any of you go and moor next to a pile of dumped rubbish on the bank? Would any of you go and moor next to a pile of dumped rubbish on a BA 24hr mooring? Me neither! Anyone who motors past would think it was us dumping the rubbish and I imagine if a BA ranger passes then he too will think it's us doing the dumping. The actions of a certain " flotilla" are already interfering with our life style so we are being provoked by them, to complain, to each other. We are not putting our nose in where it's not wanted, we are not rattling our soap box because they are not living how we think they should live. We are on their case because they are making all our lives less pleasant and less easy by making others less tolerant of us because we are all being tarred with the gypsy liveaboard brush!
This is not a new problem either, this particular problem boat ( now boats) has been doing this for the last 8 years that I know of, yet nothing has stopped it, the owner still does it and still, apparently, gets away with it. Has that person been fined but due to lack of income is paying £5 every month towards the fine? Is this because that's all they can afford? Really? Yet they are buying boats and modern outboard engines and have a large van so obviously it's taxed and mot'd and insured so they are not destitute! I can't afford a car on my pension yet they can afford a van....do you see my point here? How can you keep a vehicle on the road if it's not taxed and insured etc? You go past an APNR equipped car or camera and you get your vehicle confiscated until you prove its legal. If you are poor and can't afford a home and you live on a boat, you live on "A" boat not 3 boats and a house boat..... Surely that's rubbing our's and the BA's noses in it? The court, if they have been prosecuted, have obviously believed ( arnt you means tested now so you can't lie about income?) that they are so poor that they can only afford to live on a boat. So how can they increase their fleet AND run a van and a shop too..... I wish I was so poor I could afford a 30' boat and a modern Honda outboard and a nice large houseboat! Nothing will happen and nothing will change and anyone who has the cahonies to tell the BA and Broads Beat and the courts that they have no income and can't afford to put food on their table will continue to live their charmed life the way they want while we get hassled for parking for two days in a mooring waiting for the ice to melt or the wind to drop so we are not willingly endangering ourselves and our vessel!
I prophesize that, eventually, local residents and the BA will be so annoyed that all forms of residing in a vessel on the Norfolk Broads will be banned, unless the BA have a proper marina built for us and by law we will only be allowed to reside in that mooring! So that we may be controlled and monitored by they who must be obeyed and we can all thank the actions of the few who made the rest of the public believe we were all the same type of persons!

Rant over! Christmas Day too!
Let the world flood! I live on a boat! :lol:

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » December 25th, 2017, 6:50 pm

Blimey, I had to have a tea break half way through that.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Rick H

Post by Rick H » December 25th, 2017, 7:40 pm

What I posted is the state of law as it is at the moment no amount of ranting wil change that only a change to an act of parliament will do that and that costs a great deal of money and time .
Personally I would have used the word reason for the over staying at ranworth not excuse , no one need an excuse to over stay but they do need a reason .

Waylander

Post by Waylander » December 25th, 2017, 8:08 pm

Reason would be better, but I no speak English very well sometimes especially on days I've had a large meal and a bit of Port ( the drink not the side ) I post what my mind thinks and you get my drift even with incorrect words, lack of punctuation, correct spelling and what my phone decides to replace some words with after I press send!
Attachments
image.jpeg
Me!
Let the world flood! I live on a boat! :lol:

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » December 25th, 2017, 10:24 pm

we both know that there is someone in that vicinity that will very much take a big interest in this , he reports everything ,

Correction, he copies and pastes everything.

This is a matter for the River Police.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » January 5th, 2018, 7:55 am

I have been reliably informed that Sutton Staithe is now free of the illegally moored flotilla responsible for the fly-tipping waste along the river bank to Wayford. :D
received_1657056164353913.jpeg
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Scardinus

Post by Scardinus » January 6th, 2018, 7:07 pm

Looking better than the last time I was there!

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » January 6th, 2018, 7:15 pm

Yes, I think we are all in total agreement there.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Scardinus

Post by Scardinus » January 6th, 2018, 9:20 pm

But where is it all now, can't just have dissapeared?