Some info in a report commissioned by the BA re liveaboards etc etc

Norfolk Caravans and Houseboats Accommodation Needs Assessment including for Gypsies, Travellers and Travelling Show peo

All liveaboard related posts.

Boatingtone

Re: Some info in a report commissioned by the BA re liveaboards etc etc

Post by Boatingtone » October 8th, 2017, 8:25 pm

having skimmed through the report its seems like everyone who does not live in a house, flat, mansion etc etc has been lumped together :(

High Seas

Post by High Seas » October 9th, 2017, 10:10 am

I see it was posted by the one and only Paladine.
SMMFH. :roll:

Terry

Post by Terry » October 9th, 2017, 12:36 pm

I've just flicked through it,or at least the bits pertaining to boat-dwellers. They state that due to no official records, the exact number of liveaboards' boats is unknown, but thought to be about 100. Of these, approximately half are thought to be content with moving around - although would like more flexibility on the 24-hr moorings during the off-season. Based on that, it seems to be recommending that 63 moorings need permanent residential status.
Much of their information is acknowledged to be based on hearsay, conversations with the occasional BA ranger, and the ten or so floating households that they spoke to.
In the sense that the report is all about residential needs over the next 20 years for people who choose not to live in bricks-and-mortar type homes, then - yes - liveaboards have been included with Gypsies, Travelling Showpeople and the like.
I didn't particularly see anything negative in there. Maybe even a glimmer of hope that the Authorities actually recognise that people should be able to pursue an 'alternative' type of lifestyle, and that most already doing so are managing to do it 'harmoniously' with the rest of the Broads users. Clearly, they haven't read through these forums ;)
I've got wild staring eyes, and I've got a strong urge to fly ... but I've got nowhere to fly to