60 million down to 800 thousand- a good video here

All liveaboard related posts.
High Seas

60 million down to 800 thousand- a good video here

Post by High Seas » September 4th, 2017, 6:15 pm

He may be your ancestor but he is not our ancestor, he might be a relative
That would be talking about apes and monkeys.

What is important here is not how much an electric card costs, how tidy a man's boat is, how long someone has stayed on a bank in the middle of nowhere which you probably pass twice a year.
What is important is right in front of everyone...... But I wonder who sees it. :lol:

Let us concentrate on what really matters here.
An unelected and undemocratic authority, think we saw that about 7 decades ago and spoke German.
The rubbish for a start, litter has to be 100% eradicated.
Massive erosions of banks and wildlife damage by enormous corporate hire boats who don't give a ****.
Surely that has got to be more important than the odd bloke here and there that gets to live the dream a little longer.
Think about it.
Surely at one time the rivers of the Norfolk Broads were safe to swim in?

BEN

Re: 60 million down to 800 thousand- a good video here

Post by BEN » September 5th, 2017, 7:50 am

The Broads are cleaner now than they have been for centuries, remember until main sewerage came in, any house near the river would have dumped their waste straight in the river, As did all the boats. Also all that human waste was deliberately used on the fields as fertilizer a lot of which would have been also washed into the rivers.
People have been swimming in the broads all the way through the worst of it, when the sewerage plants dumped partly treated waste into the rivers and they swim in the rivers now.

The biggest danger on the broads is being an idiot and swimming down a river in black wetsuit and black cap and being almost invisible to passing motorboats (as I saw a couple of years ago)

High Seas

Re: 60 million down to 800 thousand- a good video here

Post by High Seas » September 5th, 2017, 11:15 am

The Norfolk Broads are considerably more littered than they were in 2015.
The problem is that people fail to see most of it because it generally is only visible in the winter time.
If you mud weight by the reeds in the winter months you can count bottles, cans as far as the eye can see.
I would urge people to take a trip out in the winter time and witness my claims. It is disturbing.