• Administrator

Highlighted and linked words

Technical Q&A about using this Norfolk Broads Forum.
Vetchugger

Highlighted and linked words

Post by Vetchugger » October 26th, 2017, 2:32 pm

Within posts there suddenly seem to be words highlighted and linked to various wierd adverts! Why is this. Its damn irritating Miles!

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Re: Highlighted and linked words

Post by Dances With Otters » October 26th, 2017, 3:30 pm

First I have heard of it.
I will get on it.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » October 26th, 2017, 5:10 pm

Thanks for pointing that out, it was something called Infolinks which I did impede but came back.
I have another bug at the moment with the word censoring, can't get my head around it....as it does not always work, very annoying but I'll get it.
Thanks for pointing it out.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Terry

Post by Terry » October 29th, 2017, 1:33 am

I almost always go online via my laptop, which has ad-blocker on it. If I use my useless phone, I've seen ads at the bottom of the page.
Pretty sure I could write you a good profanity-blocker if you get stuck. It's basically a search-and replace function, and presumably you have to feed it the words you want masked, and possibly specify if they have to be whole words or not (or maybe a white-list as well, so words like 'mishits' wouldn't get flagged). Seems like I wrote something like that, years ago.
I've got wild staring eyes, and I've got a strong urge to fly ... but I've got nowhere to fly to

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » October 29th, 2017, 4:41 pm

I tell you what I do need though and that is a responsive 728x90 banner.
I tried to make one the other day at the library but their browsers don't automatically update so when you try and use anything that needs a flash player etc it just looks back at you and says, No!
I say responsive as it needs to adapt to mobiles. You will see the adverts on this forum do that.
I would ask my brother to do it as he is a graphic designer but he is in Vietnam so if you got the know how? I am restricted to just a smart phone and an iPad at the moment and Apple are really quite dictatoral about what you can and can't use. Personally I do prefer Microsoft as at least you do feel like you own the damn computer.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵