Click here to find out more on Amazon.

Embracing the Charm of Norfolk Broads: A Boating Odyssey

Vlog series on Youtube
Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles »

Navigating my new camera, absent the familiar convenience of my phone, posed a challenge. The trusty Samsung had served faithfully until June 2017, marking the start of a new chapter. A bit groggy from a lively evening at Ramworth, I found myself at the picturesque mooring spot of Womack in London.

Womack, often dubbed Ludham, boasts serene surroundings, contrasting my aversion to stern-on moorings. Personal space matters, echoing the sentiment of living in someone else's living room. Womack's broad, flanked by captivating landscapes, marked the beginning of an exciting journey. In the company of my father, we set out to explore the South Broads, a canvas awaiting our restoration skills.

Cruising became a month-long affair, the joy of rejuvenating boats intertwined with the challenge of resisting hasty painting urges. Patience, a virtue, guides the process—preparation preceding the aesthetic reward. The encounter with diverse boats, each with its own tale, added flair to the journey.

Leaving Womack, the journey unfolded through riverside wonders, tempting properties, and a hint of history. Stoke's Bee, a missed tide, and a mud-weight break fueled anticipation for the Yarmouth run. Norfolk's charm, a mix of traditional and modern boats, unfolded with every nautical mile.

Barton Turf provided a respite, albeit with persistent rain. Despite the weather, boat maintenance, and a quest for brass screws, the journey continued. Libraries, with their Wi-Fi havens, offered connectivity, and French Marine became the go-to for Volvo Penta parts.

The narrative meandered through mundane chores, laundry, and a brief encounter with technology glitches. Sailing down memory lane, reflections on lifestyle changes unfolded—embracing sobriety, shedding tobacco, and embracing the idyllic tranquillity of Norfolk Broads.

Stalham's serene mornings and bustling marinas captured the essence of a boat enthusiast's haven. Nature's unpredictability, manifested in fallen trees, served as a reminder of the delicate balance between boat moorings and thriving vegetation.

The article concluded with a glimpse into Stalham's historic roots, a reminder of the Broads' rich heritage as a haven for cargo-carrying vessels. Despite challenges and surprises, the journey epitomised the joy of navigating Norfolk's waterways—a testament to the enduring allure of this unique boating destination. #Norfolk #Broads
Webmaster of the Norfolk Broads Forum