Norfolk Broad's Rubbish Bins Petition

There is always a lot of events happening on the Norfolk Broads and here you can post or read any topics relating to Norfolk Broads news.
High Seas
Site Admin

Norfolk Broad's Rubbish Bins Petition

Post by High Seas » January 22nd, 2018, 9:05 am

Sign It!
Share It!
Save It!

Sign The Petition

This does not need any description, the Norfolk Broads is getting destroyed by the rubbish bins being removed.

If the councils had prosecuted the endless stream of flytippers we all saw at Stalham and Sutton and just about everywhere else, then the problems would have been solved.

Bins removal is not a solution.
It is a problem.

The waste is not industrial, the hire boat industry has bins on their boatyards. They are not caravan parks. There are 120 plus miles of waterways without bins and that is the responsibility of the councils.

Don't be fooled by an idiotic council bureaucrat coming out in the summer and telling you there is no waste problem as the rubbish gets partially hidden by the foliage.

Like many others, I have spent the winter months out on the Norfolk Broads and have seen the rubbish appear since the bins were removed.

This will destroy the environment and local economies from boat hire to pubs.

Sign and share this petition and let's save the Norfolk Broads for present and future generations.

Sign and share, click here!

If You Lay Down With Dogs, You Get Up With Fleas :roll:

High Seas
Site Admin

Re: Norfolk Broad's Rubbish Bins Petition

Post by High Seas » January 22nd, 2018, 3:33 pm

This is still very much active but the folks behind the website have got to vet the petition for some reason......annoying but it will come through shortly.

High Seas
Site Admin

Post by High Seas » January 23rd, 2018, 12:19 pm

It has been suggested that being a local councils issue then it is very likely tthat the petition will not happen, however, if the Norfolk Broads is now apparently a national park, then I see a national park as a national issue. If the petition fails to pass its scrutiny then I am not deterred in the slightest as I will start a FB petition page specifically for this reason and this reason alone. That way I will not have to visit Parliament in person and can just say to the powers that be, hey, enough is enough, what is going on here? In addition, I have no doubts in my mind at all that the good people of the boating community would sign that petition quicker than they can like a post on Facebook, so with the power of the people and social media, let's get our heels stuck in and stop the Broads from getting ruined by rubbish.

High Seas
Site Admin

Post by High Seas » January 23rd, 2018, 12:52 pm

Apparently the rubbish is regarded as industrial waste. The only main industry really is the hire boat industry but they have done their bit as their boatyards are full of bins and waste management, there are 120 plus miles of waterways where the councils have basically declared it is not their responsibility, well it is, it is in their areas. 12,124 boats on the Norfolk Broads last year and only 1,148 of those are hire vessels from boats to houseboats etc. that leaves approximately 10,976 private boats who apparently bring industrial waste with them to the Norfolk Broads. When you do the maths, it is quite possible for there to be tens of thousands of people on the Broads in the high season with no bins where there was once plenty. A 12 berth boat could fill up a black sack per person in two days, so after 4 days they have possibly 24 black sacks on their boat to carry around in the summertime heat. I have people emailing me telling me they are finding black sacks in the bushes even on private broads like Salhouse. If the powers that be need any evidence at all? How much would they like and where do you want me to send it? This is not down to the B.A. they are being elbowed out of this matter by the councils. People now know about single use plastics and how the main source is rivers, where is the Norfolk Broads going to sit in that list? Pretty much near the top.

High Seas
Site Admin

Post by High Seas » January 24th, 2018, 1:38 am

You know I can actually see a funny side to this as the councils who pulled the bins away stated it was industrial waste which is hilarious really

What industry?

You can't say the hire boat industry as they all have bins, in fact a well known one in Stalham has more waste bins in their boatyard than the councils have provided across the entire Norfolk Broads.

So saying it is industrial waste is a bit of a head scratching opportunity.

In addition, when you go and hire a car or a van, you would not normally expect the hire car company to provide waste bins across the UK......... it's just such a load of rubbish, excuse the pun

High Seas
Site Admin

Post by High Seas » January 26th, 2018, 4:03 pm

Sadly but not surprising this has been rejected. I thought that being a so called National Park or being referred to as one might at least might make it a national problem. However, might have lost the first battle but most certainly not about to lose the war.
War might sound a too stronger word but let's face it, idiotic bureaucracy is attacking the lovely Norfolk Broads and the environment, wildlife, possibly the economy and our basic enjoyment is being threatened.
So stay tuned as I will be creating a Facebook page over the weekend exclusively for this issue regarding the bins and hopefully if we can get a lot of likes and a lot of photos up, then perhaps someone might start paying attention.
If you wondering why I don't do it on a forum? It is because this is about the bins on the Norfolk Broads and it's not about self publicity as some might say.
So a good strong neutral Facebook page should be a good place.
I will update once it goes live. Hopefully, I might be even able to do it in a petition style

David

Post by David » January 26th, 2018, 6:10 pm

That's a dam shame as I kept trying to sign the petition as the lack of rubbish disposal is a big problem at moorings, as I don't do Facebook, if you raise a petition on there you are welcome to add my name to the list 👍
A boat makes a big hole in the water in to which you throw money

High Seas
Site Admin

Post by High Seas » January 26th, 2018, 6:52 pm

I have started a Facebook page, with a bit of luck it might get some positive results.
I cant sit back and watch this place get destroyed.
Click here for Facebook page to support getting the rubbish bins returned and to save this water wonderland for future generations.