• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    Emergency Boat Safety Ladder Click Here!

Reedham Electric Points Covered Up?

There is always a lot of events happening on the Norfolk Broads and here you can post or read any topics relating to Norfolk Broads news.
Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Re: Reedham Electric Points Covered Up?

Post by Dances With Otters » December 16th, 2017, 12:07 pm

N.F.N. :D
Do they have 6 fingers?

⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Waylander

Post by Waylander » December 16th, 2017, 12:19 pm

Dunno, never examined one long enough to count them. Least if it gets too bad round here I can chug out to sea and go someplace else and spread my brand of happiness! So happy I never bought a river boat, would hate to be stuck here for all eternity!
Let the world flood! I live on a boat! :lol:

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » December 16th, 2017, 12:21 pm

It starts to wear a bit thin after a while hey.
People elsewhere would be gobsmacked.
I watched a video on Youtube the other day about a marina in USA and it was full of liveaboards, mostly couples and they had access to all the facilities you could think about and not the slightest indication of any negative thoughts at all.
Norfolk is so primitive.
I would have to say that if this place does not get with it soon and come into the 21st century then it will end up a swamp, full of rubbish and closed boat yards all over the place.....or are we there already?
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Waylander

Post by Waylander » December 16th, 2017, 12:29 pm

Yup! You can say that again! Hence my planned visit to Alderny and chat to the people who want me for a job over there, if it's doable me and my boat shall make the trip via the delights of Amsterdam and harbour/ coast hopping!

Or if not do-able I shall maybe visit Woodbridge for a bit!

Dad says power points on staithe below St Olaves bridge on port side as you go up river are ok and working fine. He doesn't know about Reedham but will check.

If they have turned off reedham power because of flooding do they also turn off potter? It flood the bank quite a lot there?

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » December 16th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Alderney is certainly quite unique.
Used as slave camps for Russian POWs during second world war to build the masses of Channel Island bunkers that made up part of the Atlantic wall.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Rick H

Post by Rick H » December 16th, 2017, 5:41 pm

Waylander I did state in my post that it could well be a visitors dog , Im 100% certain that's Geoffrey's boat given the description and he has a black lab guide dog , now if he's mooring at ranworth every other day then he is entitled to do so under BA bylaws for mooring so quite why BA should take an interest iv no idea .
The work at ranworth was given out in a mariners notice a few weeks ago and starts in Feb and ends in march , some electric posts will be available during the works but not all of them .
As for the problem's with ranworth iv no idea what the issue is or why but I do know after asking BA yesterday that there should be no issue's mud weighting ( information via the asset's manager ) .

Waylander

Post by Waylander » December 16th, 2017, 8:16 pm

The point I was trying to make was that no one should have problems going there and the fact that people are having no problems there means that the trouble I had in the summer was directed at me personally and not towards any persons that are "perceived by the locals to be live aboards"

Fourth posting in this topic about 3/4 of the way down it says something reference to where people can go to use power " Ranworth private broad and anti-liveaboard" I can't cut and paste on my phone. All I was doing was pointing out that Ranworth is not anti-liveaboard it's just anti one specific boat and proven by the fact that no one is having any problems being there.

That's all I was trying to say.

Happy humbug to you all.

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » December 17th, 2017, 8:33 am

iPhones copy and paste.
Use your fingers, and use the force Luke.
All Jedi have iPhone.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵