• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    Emergency Boat Safety Ladder Click Here!

Reedham Electric Points Covered Up?

There is always a lot of events happening on the Norfolk Broads and here you can post or read any topics relating to Norfolk Broads news.
Bargate

Re: Reedham Electric Points Covered Up?

Post by Bargate » December 15th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Yeah I know its a cop out by the council and BA but that's what they are saying officially.

Waylander

Post by Waylander » December 15th, 2017, 9:55 pm

Kidding you in what way? And no, no pictures.....never thought to take pictures. No visible signs of work on quay headings being done. And one boat called " white Rose" I think, was plugged in and another centre cockpit type cruiser, that has pale blue colouring to its cabins, and had a stainless steel chimney coming through the roof of the rear cabin, saw one male non Caucasian get off with a large black poodle to take it for a walk. Don't know name of the boat.
Let the world flood! I live on a boat! :lol:

Rick H

Post by Rick H » December 15th, 2017, 10:35 pm

Why would there be any work at ranworth it doesn't start till February , light blue cabin sided boat is most likely Geoffrey on the Corsican there ain't that many boats that colour with a S/S chimney 😀 , if the dog came from there that's most likely Austin the guide dog he's a Labrador BTW but equally could have been a visitor 😀 .

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » December 16th, 2017, 9:53 am

If like other toll payers I get denied services which my and other's tolls have been used to fund, partially or in full. Then I would expect it to be available throughout the entire annual season.
If there is an electric issue? Then this needs to be addressed promptly and within a reasonable amount of time by a QUALIFIED electrician.
Next March is not a reasonable amount of time.
It is a **** take.
If the water and power services continue to be turned off and denied availability to all season boaters then we have a moral and ethical issue here which needs to be highlighted and handled.
As previously stated, the water was flooding in the summer at Reedham and did not trip out on three occasions that I moored there.
If it is a faulty system? Then that is not the fault of the toll payers.
And if someone is honestly trying to tell me it will take till March to fix when conveniently the hire season starts again......then I would have to say that they are so full of ****, there eyes should be brown.
If it's broke? Fix it!......and stop ******* everyone around FFS.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » December 16th, 2017, 10:24 am

A recent article in the EDP titled, 'Broads Authority urged to work together for common good'.
“It was obvious to the Peer Review team that we are all passionate about the Broads but we need to channel that energy and passion into a common direction and in a positive way,” she said.
Let us turn the power off then! :lol:
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Waylander

Post by Waylander » December 16th, 2017, 10:45 am

Definately a poodle. I know the difference. Didn't know it was February that work on Ranworth/ maltsters staith was starting. Does anyone else read the broadcaster story when it's printed and think " they tell a good story but it's like they send this out in the belief that everyone will believe it and they ( the BA) themselves continue with their work for what they want to do which has nothing to do with what the boaters want?!" I read the newsletter like I would a fictional story! Sounds great but doesn't really have any bearing on the work on the rivers!!

Plus re Maltsters broad- as there are obviously live aboards around there and haven't been kicked off ( and according to a local man they are coming back to the quay every other day) and no one has a problem with that then we can safetly deduce that it's fine for live aboards on Ranworth/Maltsters. It's just myself and my boat that they seem to have a problem with. So ok, no worries...

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » December 16th, 2017, 10:52 am

according to a local man they are coming back to the quay every other day
They?

I think he must mean boaters are mooring up at the quay every other day.

If by, 'they', he refers to liveaboards?
Then perhaps someone should inform the chap that out of 12,000 boats registered on the Norfolk Broads, any of those boats that fit into this category, ' Designating a boat equipped with facilities such as a kitchen, beds, etc., which enable people to live on board (either temporarily or permanently)', does actually qualify as being defined as a liveaboard.

That would include several hundred hire boats and several thousand private cruisers.

However, it is probably quite safe to assume he would not know that as when folks spell it like,' livaboard' and think they actually know what one is, then we do usually find that these wonderful people are excellent contortionists in between their moments of bigotry.

You have no idea how good it feels to type that knowing damn well it Is not going to be censored.

c9401c53b23270a0c97871f4434eee9e--funny-sarcasm-funny-shit.jpg
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Waylander

Post by Waylander » December 16th, 2017, 11:41 am

Ok. We all know what we mean when we use the term " live aboard" don't we? I try to use the two words for this purpose! I'm not after an argument about what classifies a person ( or vessel) living on a boat for a week, 2 or a year!

Let's make it simpler..... That boat in question, the pale blue cabin sides and the chimney out of the rear cabin is on the moorings Ranworth/Maltsters every other day. The locals see it every other day. The boat has not been visited by the broads authority nor has it been banned from the broad. This proves that that boat and any other type of boat that has a certain look to it, for example it has a chimney coming out of its roof either with or without smoke issueing from it, is welcome there! This means that my boat that also has this look is the only one that is not permitted there.... So that Broad and its environs is not anti extended cruiser or living on a boat for a while or as people refer to them ( other people not us enlightened people who know different!) live aboards! Ranworth /Maltsters is not " anti live aboard" it's anti Colvic 20 ( and anti me)

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » December 16th, 2017, 11:52 am

it's anti Colvic 20
Well, that is just not acceptable.
Perhaps in a previous incarnation these folks were slain by a Colvic 20 like witches at Gallow's Corner.

Alternatively, are you wearing a mankini on your extended Colvic's forecastle having drinking sessions with crazed drunken Russian fisherman?

⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Waylander

Post by Waylander » December 16th, 2017, 12:01 pm

I wish! Hahahaha!

I think it's because I used to work for the family and they know I quit but I'm still around living on my pretty little boat, happily and doing what I want when I want, they can't do this so are jealous! They want to try and disrupt my calm and keep me off balance so toss the spanner in the works every now and then! It don't bother me..... I will just move my boat somewhere else and bike back there so I'm seen round the area and no doubt reported to the anti colvic party but no boat! I'm waiting to for the " running out of town" posse to greet me next time I cycle there! Very wild Wild West!