Calling All liveaboards.

Want to feature in an article?

There is always a lot of events happening on the Norfolk Broads and here you can post or read any topics relating to Norfolk Broads news.
Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Calling All liveaboards.

Post by Dances With Otters » October 27th, 2017, 4:25 pm

I have been a liveaboard or continuous cruiser for 4 seasons now and roughly three and a half years living on the water.
Personally, I have loved every moment of it and I would have to add that the vast majority of the experience has been wonderful.
I have at times tried to share some of the experience with folks through Youtube and also this forum, as it is very pro-liveaboard.
I met with the reporter Andrew Stone from the E.D.P. earlier today and I have offered to be a part of an article that he wishes to write about being on the water full time.
From what I have understood, the aim of the article is more to do with sharing an alternative lifestyle for the newspaper readers.
I appreciate that many liveaboards wish to remain incognito which is totally understandable, however, I think he is more interested in talking to continuous cruisers.
Below is the actual message he typed and if anyone is interested in being a part of this? then as I just mentioned, I am in and you have his contact details below if you would like to be apart of it.
Hi Miles, was good meeting you earlier.

As discussed, for the past few months I’ve been very keen to do a news feature on people who live full time on their boats and travel around the Broads.

The article would look at the lifestyle and what it must be like to wake up on the water each day, the sights, and sounds and also the challenges faced.

The article is not meant to portray anyone in a bad light, nor is it meant to be sensationalist – I would like to speak to people who do it all by the book and share their stories about being a water wanderer.

It would be great if I could get three to four people to chat to – my questions would be around what made them choose the lifestyle, what they do day to day, some of the unique things they have come across, how long they plan to do it for, the challenges they face, and their favourite part of the Broads.

I’d appreciate it if you could please post this message on your forum. I’d be happy for anyone wanting to take part to contact you directly, or they can message me at andrew.stone@archant.co.uk

Regards,
Andrew
Andrew Stone
Tourism and Broads Correspondent
Archant
Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 1RE
T: 01603 772208
M: 07793 265062
E: Andrew.Stone@archant.co.uk
www.archant.co.uk

If You Lay Down With Dogs, You Get Up With Fleas :roll:

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Re: Calling All liveaboards.

Post by Dances With Otters » November 20th, 2017, 2:36 pm

Last chance folks. This will be written before the end of the year so if you want to be in it?
Contact me or Andrew Stone of the EDP.
If You Lay Down With Dogs, You Get Up With Fleas :roll: