• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome To Norfolk Broads Forum.
    This website is created by the producer of Sailing High Seas Youtube channel.

Stalham Staithe In The Paper

There is always a lot of events happening on the Norfolk Broads and here you can post or read any topics relating to Norfolk Broads news.
Miles
Site Admin

Stalham Staithe In The Paper

Post by Miles » April 24th, 2019, 4:07 pm

Article

Interesting to see an article about the boat wreck at Stalham Staithe, however,personally I doubt its sincerity.
I have raised concerns about it for years and I am but one of a large group of people.
The navigation is blocked, it should be unblocked by the Broads Authority.
Nobody cares who owns the mooring itself, it is the wreck that is blocking it that is causing concern as not one single boat can navigate to it. :twisted:
Businesses trying to operate at the busiest time from boat yards, holiday lets to restaurants and there remains this monstrosity chasing folks away.
The timing of this article is doubtful too because it seems to have only made print when B.A. tolls are due and a lot of folks are wondering what they are paying for.
Surely, you can expect this whether it is as black and white or not.
What is black and white is that the navigation is blocked.

⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

David

Re: Stalham Staithe In The Paper

Post by David » April 24th, 2019, 6:05 pm

Well while they are removing that pile of junk they need to remove the sunken houseboat on the way to Sutton that to is an eyesore
A boat makes a big hole in the water in to which you throw money

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » April 24th, 2019, 6:27 pm

I heard it was part of a new line of rentals. BrokenBroadsCraft or something

David

Post by David » April 24th, 2019, 6:46 pm

Does it come equipped with wetsuits and snorkel equipment to enhance your stay

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » April 24th, 2019, 7:10 pm

I believe it offers a private swimming pool and a sunbathing platform.
Snorkel is not included apparently and you must bring your own waders. However, there is a toilet seat but it has floated down the river somewhere.
Sounds a bargain.

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » April 26th, 2019, 5:27 pm

The lady who runs the Mermaid Slipper has started a petition to get it removed.
I think that is fair enough
It doesn't belong there and there is no reason why it should remain.
I can understand the frustration felt by people and I know for a fact that there have been hideous amounts of complaints.
From my perspective, I am not interested in the state of someone's boat, they can diminish in no time at all. My concerns are that the navigating ability in the staithe has been compromised.
So everyone is in agreement that it should not be there but I don't see that as the problem. The problem is why is it taking so long to get something sensible, reasonable and ethical done about it.
I believe this could have been handled so easily.
It could have been towed to a compound, Postwick is a bit of a march but the Broads is big. There it should remain until the owners take responsibility for it.
Why is that so difficult?
There are no rights violated. No one is harassed. It is just like a car being dumped at a junction, it needs to be moved.
What is the problem here? :roll:
As for the sunken houseboat, well that should have had a boom around it. High winds this weekend and there is plenty of junk on the roof and floating barge that will end up in the river, wrapped around the propellers and ruining people's boating. :twisted:
It should be refloated, towed to Sutton, a skip hired and it gets broken up.
Who pays for it?
Well right now we are all paying for it as we have to see it everytime we go passed it.

David

Post by David » April 26th, 2019, 7:06 pm

I am surprised it has taken the proprietor of the mermaid slipper so long to complain they look directly at it, it’s not the ideal view out of the restaurants window when you are tucking in to your sirloin steak

avg45

Post by avg45 » April 28th, 2019, 11:00 am

Just got home from Stalham after a great 10 days afloat. Its not just one boat but two that are blocking the navigation and both should be removed. :x :x :x :x :x

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » May 5th, 2019, 8:13 am

The lady who runs the Mermaid Slipper has formed a petition to get that wreck removed. Signed it yesterday, there are a lot of signatures. Please pop in and sign it! :D
This way the Broads Authority might finally take it away and unblock the navigation area :twisted: