• Administrator
  •  
    Boat Crash Video Clips Wanted

A Little River Status

There is always a lot of events happening on the Norfolk Broads and here you can post or read any topics relating to Norfolk Broads news.
Miles
Site Admin

A Little River Status

Post by Miles » March 26th, 2019, 7:05 pm

I have noticed the swans nesting on the River Ant, many are in the exact same spot as last year which I found interesting.
There are a few hire boats out. Mainly Richardson's and it is immediately evident that they are under control of experienced hirers, there is no doubt in my mind at all.
I would imagine those that hire this time of year do so through previous trial and error and know when is the right time. Financially and serenity wise.
There is no snaking up the river or cans of lager in hand before the boats have left Stalham. There is just the gentle flow of boats with people on enjoying these wonderful waters.
The evenings are a little nippy to be quite accurate but the days are bright and clear and getting longer.
Litter levels appear to be low but I have spotted some but it is recent.
I would have to conclude that if you have the opportunity to be on the rivers now, you have very chance of being able to appreciate it for what it really is, quite simply beautiful.
In no time at all the circus will be back and if you are not more concerned about the over stayers in Speedos you will be trying your best to avoid the 10 tonne dodgems in many cases.
Get out there and enjoy it while it lasts.

⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

avg45

Re: A Little River Status

Post by avg45 » March 26th, 2019, 7:47 pm

Hi Miles you are totally correct. The Rivers are lovely at this time of year. Just opened up the boat for the season and the Rivers are very peaceful with lots of wildlife around. Hope all going well with you, catch up later in the season. :D :D :D

BytheBroads

Post by BytheBroads » March 27th, 2019, 8:43 am

Swans often just add to the previous years nest by adding some fresh reed.
Not all hirers on the river last weekend seemed that experienced two of the four moored at Reedham over the weekend (one from Brundall & one from Stalham) were struggling to get the crew ashore as they had only put one stern rope ashore but had remembered to allow for the tide. One had two bow ropes out so clearly remembered something from the training.
Quay attendants due back next week so hopefully nobody will fall in!

bluebell

Post by bluebell » March 29th, 2019, 8:14 pm

Must agree, here in the north most hirers look experienced, mixing well with the privateers. Enjoyed a really nice week out and about.