Yurt Not Having That Tent There!

More boring BA nonsense

There is always a lot of events happening on the Norfolk Broads and here you can post or read any topics relating to Norfolk Broads news.
Miles
Site Admin

Yurt Not Having That Tent There!

Post by Miles » October 21st, 2017, 5:42 pm

As a boat toll payer on the Norfolk Broads, late paying as I may be in most cases but I guess that has to be better than being too quick. ;) I find it increasingly irritating to hear of the BA wrapped up in legal planning issues because surely boat toll payments most likely are being used to fund these campaigns of theirs.
How about putting some bins on the Broads, some more electric points, water and showers......does anyone really give a flying *u*k where someone puts his yurts?
I don't but I care about the Broad's environment with regards to issues that are important, leave the planning issues to the local authorities.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/business/broads ... 238913
200w (1).gif
200w (1).gif (725.93 KiB) Viewed 131 times

A garboard drain light on the Broads? Nah!

Captain Kestrel

Re: Yurt Not Having That Tent There!

Post by Captain Kestrel » October 22nd, 2017, 9:14 am

I agree the Broads Authority appear to get embroiled in issues which on the face of things are petty personal squabbles. I do wonder sometimes whether they take an objective view of planning applications. Is it because the authority is not publicly elected? Are there any checks and balances on the Authority's enforcement officers?

From what I read in the news article it appears they are now looking again at the Yurts? Was this not looked at last time? Wasting more time and money for those involved.

I feel a more objective approach is needed on behalf of the authority. They need to ask themselves is it reasonable , proportionate and necessary before they use a sledge hammer to crack a nut.
8-)