NBN Shut down.

General Broads related posts.
Miles
Site Admin

Re: NBN Shut down.

Post by Miles » October 12th, 2017, 4:28 pm

A quick look at Hornsea boat launch showed up this Hardy, coincidence perhaps?
I will give them a ring.
hardy.jpg

Man will be what he was born to be, free and independent. - JFK.

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » October 12th, 2017, 5:33 pm

Some more recent information for the Police.
Hey,

You are digging yourself into a VERY deep grave. You CANNOT go around bringing innocent people into this by posting images of their boat and attaching it to your ******* thread, bringing danger their property, and expect to get away with that.

READ MY LIPS VERY CAREFULLY - YOU SCHIZOPHRENIC RETARD - THAT IS NOT MY BOAT - and your games are likely to have police banging on the door of INNOCENT PEOPLE.

STOP - NOW - NUT-JOB!!!

The Broads Authority have been made aware, you just have to wait for them to come calling. You are beyond irresponsible and you need putting in a mental asylum for posting that. Don't you have any conscience whatseover, you schizophrenic, *****. Get that image removed now, before you cause problems for people that have NOTHNIG TO DO WITH THIS!!!

YOU are going to wonder what the *u*k hit you when I get you in court, and so is the person responsible for HELPING YOU bring trouble to innocent people by supplying you that image!

Bargate

Post by Bargate » October 12th, 2017, 6:12 pm

Isn't that off a streetview site? yup just checked google maps and its there, in the public domain! You actually picked a very nondescript view, move along a bit and the boat name and outboard details are clearly visible.
Plus you state it could be a coincidence, which is very true as there are many Hardy 20's about
Last edited by Bargate on October 12th, 2017, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » October 12th, 2017, 6:18 pm

Certainly is public domain. Also if you can see something from a public place, you do have quite liberal filming rights.

Terry

Post by Terry » October 12th, 2017, 6:49 pm

Lol...
You are digging yourself into a VERY deep grave
Is the depth of the grave significant? Is this somehow worse than having just dug yourself a moderately deep grave perhaps?
READ MY LIPS VERY CAREFULLY
Well I'm not sure he understands how textual communication works. Unless he embedded a video clip, can you actually see his lips?

As for the rest of it... well the irony of it is just staggering, isn't it?
I've got wild staring eyes, and I've got a strong urge to fly ... but I've got nowhere to fly to

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » October 12th, 2017, 8:31 pm

Bargate wrote:
October 12th, 2017, 6:12 pm
Isn't that off a streetview site? yup just checked google maps and its there, in the public domain! You actually picked a very nondescript view, move along a bit and the boat name and outboard details are clearly visible.
Plus you state it could be a coincidence, which is very true as there are many Hardy 20's about
Can't imagine there being that many in Hornsea.
This one is called Maggie from Blakeney.
Hornsea boat launch is the only place around there for quite a stretch.

Boatingtone

Post by Boatingtone » October 12th, 2017, 9:32 pm

you really do have to see it to believe it - keep safe and let hope the boys in blue take the threats seriously

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » October 12th, 2017, 9:34 pm

They are fully aware.

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » October 13th, 2017, 4:08 pm

Today's email, not sure corrosive acid is a topic I wish to discuss.

Hello Miles,

Speaking of schedules, have to say this whole mess has certainly knocked my schedule off course, I tell you that!
Have the Broads Authority contacted you since I announced I made the report?

I'm surprised how long it's taking, I even sent a reminder to Jess this morning and still haven't heared back. I really have no idea what's keeping them. Just so you know, this nonsense is about to cost me several hundred pounds if I fail to get my BSS done in time to remove her from where she currently is. I have informed the Broads Authority that I would appreciate an answer as to whether they have put a ban on issuing me a Broads Licence, as quickly as possible. I need to know this, as there is little point me paying for a BSS if I am unable to make use of it.

I'm quite shocked, actually, I would have thought they'd get back to me quicker than this!

My own boat is looking quite tired, but thankfully she's not painted and I found out about this wonderful stuff coalled "Oxalic Acid" that you can buy in it's crystal form on eBay, and dilute it to whatever strength you require. You have to be very careful when handling it, protect your skin and eyes etc, but it's powerful stuff. Not sure if you're aware of it, but if not, search YouTube for "Oxalic Acid" along with "Boat" etc. You'll be amazed at how it brings a boat to her former glory with practically no effort at all. I believe you can use it on painted surfaces too, but personally, I think you'd be better-off taking her back to the gelcoat and using Oxalic Acid on her in the future, much easier to keep her clean and original that way, and it couldn't care less about the British weather.

You can even use it to restore timber and steel components of the boat - amazing stuff.

Regards,
Lee Segram

Bargate

Post by Bargate » October 13th, 2017, 5:03 pm

Yes corrosive acid is a strange subject to bring up with you under the circumstances. Also I wonder if he knows that the BA will issue a short term toll without a BSS, (otherwise how could seagoing vessels visit) giving him 28 days once on the broads to get one done? Oh hang on he was told this on another forum, so does know, silly me!